Cinema dilema

Anna*

Going to the cinema tonight with a very slim friend who isn't supportive when it comes to me loosing weight and struggling for ideas of what to take with me to keep me away from all the goodies!! Have just had the new snack a jacks curls with my lunch so am 4.5syns down so far. Thinking I need something that will last ages and keep my tastebuds occupied! Any ideas peeps?? X x x

I go at least once a week and I usually take grapes, (either bagging some up myself, or picking a 99p snackpack up from the Tesco express near me) or if I have a HEXB left I might take a Fibreplus bar / alpen light. That’s only if it’s an action film though, nothing noisy for quiet ones!

Mikados are 1/2 a syn each and pretty good cinema type snacks! Or Butterkist Light Toffee Popcorn I believe is about 6 syns for a bag.

I would take loads of fruit and if you are really hungry then take a salad box. Then I would buy a big diet drink to fill me and occupy me hehe

Thanks guys! I've never heard of the light toffee popcorn sounds like this could be a winner! :) what does the packet look like? X x

It's about the size of a pack of crisps, red and yellow design like the ordinary Butterkist with a blue ( I think!) "light" logo on the front. In my Tesco it's usually hanging on those rack things they have down the shelves, usually beside crisps or sweets/biscuits. Its never been on the popcorn shelf lol. If you can't see it just ask a member of staff.

Sounds a bit steep in syns for a crisp packet size tho! hmmm might have to think about that one lol Has anyone heard or baking chickpeas and adding salt to them?? Apparently these are syn free and good for snacks x x

Anna* said:
Sounds a bit steep in syns for a crisp packet size tho! hmmm might have to think about that one lol Has anyone heard or baking chickpeas and adding salt to them?? Apparently these are syn free and good for snacks x x

They are not syn free if used for snack it is classed as food abuse.

They are only syn free if used as part of a main meal

Sorry

I went last week with my husband and can usually NEVER keep my hands off his popcorn....HOWEVER took a packet of pombear crisps (about 5 syns I think they were) and only opened them once the film had started.... Worked well for me...

Anna* said:
Food abuse? Lol sounds terrible! I see like the home made crisps are not syn free anymore. X x

Yep same rules as the crisps cous cous cake etc.

How about chick pea cake? 2 years ago I was eating 2-3 or these a week and still loosing average of 3lbs at weigh in, I shared the recipe with the rest of my class and it didn't effect their losses either. Weird huh! Wondering if that applies to everyone or if snacking helps with some peoples metabolism? X x

Anna* said:
How about chick pea cake? 2 years ago I was eating 2-3 or these a week and still loosing average of 3lbs at weigh in, I shared the recipe with the rest of my class and it didn't effect their losses either. Weird huh! Wondering if that applies to everyone or if snacking helps with some peoples metabolism? X x

I think the rule is technically SW frown on it and they have added a section about it on their website somewhere BUT if it isn't effecting your weight loss then continue as you were if it is then switch snacks to fruit.

I take grapes too. Or WW cheese puffs which are 4syns a bag & you get loads in there & they're tasty!

You could do grapes dipped in freddo bar?? You can get about 20/30 grapes dipped in chocolate out of 2 and would cost you 10 syns (you ARE allowed 15 a day, but is recommend for best WLs you stick to 10.)

Frozen curly wurly will cost you 6.5.

If i go to cinema I usually have a happy meal at the cinema first, so although I don't get the "cinema treat" I still get to join in in a way.

Last time I went I just decided to have flexible syns- happy meal, a bacardi and diet coke (brought from home so I knew it was the right measure) and a frozen curly wurly. Cost me about 20 syns BUT it was on WI night and I still managed 4 pounds the week after!

Seriously though, i am the biggest crisp and chocolate fan in the world- but I can manage on fruit now.

Its just getting your body used to it. Take something really sweet is my recommendation!

I take grapes too. Or WW cheese puffs which are 4syns a bag & you get loads in there & they're tasty!

The nacho cheese tortillas are the best ones:D

Back