Cinema Food - Specially nachos!!

irishchub

My most all time favourite thing to eat at the cinema is nachos with cheese and chillis (yummmmmmmmm) and ive put off going to the cinema because I really truly feel deprived if I cant have them!! Anyone know the syns value approx? Then I can fit them in somewhere in the week and go to flicks with dh!!

Ooh I love them too. I have to have cheese, salsa and Jalepenos! Mmm.

I don't if you've seen on here the alternative where you cut up pasta sheets and cook them slightly and use them as nacho chips. I'm sure you could make a salsa which is free aswell plus Jalepenos wouldn't be anything and could use cheese as a HEA. I know IT IS NOT THE SAME. but maybe a good alternative for a snack whilst watching a film at home

I would do just that Huni.
I would make the past sheet dorito things (par boil some lasagne sheets), cut into triangles and place on a sprayed sheet (frylight) in a really hot oven. Bake until crisp, but keep an eye on them, as they cook really quickly.
There is still some debate about whether you can have them as syn free, but if you eat them occassionally its not going to make a difference.
I sprinkle grated cheese over the top of mine (cheese as HeA - 1oz), or I make some chopped tomatoes, herbs and garlic with chilli seeds, sweetner and balsamic vinegar dip.
Take them in a container with you to the cinema and enjoy!

I love nachos and used to always have them when in Wetherspoons, with guacamole, salsa, sour cream and cheese.......lovely.
I looked them up the other day and found out that 1 portion from Wetherspoonds is 65 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know they are nice, but really!!!!

Whenever I go to the cinema I either get a skinny latte with sugar free vanilla syrup from starbucks (feels like a real treat- use hex a) or if I am peckish, I take popcorn flavoured snack-a-jacks (7.5 syns for 35g bag or 5 syns for 25g multipack bag)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i must b such a greedy ass cos even though Im loving all your suggestions I think id just have to use flexible syns and get the real thing!!!

Not greedy- very sensible! Not having something you really want just makes you think about it more.

Having said that, it's amazing how many times I have thought 'have it' then found it quite greasy and rich. I think your taste buds change over time.

Having said that, some things are lovely.........just be prepared for the bad news from the syn fairy!!
:)

Back