cinema snacks

foodfairy

Silver Member
i need some help as to what to take/buy for the cinema on saturday, low syn if possible.
we're off to see the new simpsons movie and i know if im not prepared i'll devour a huuuuge bucket of popcorn and thats not good lol :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of taking the girls to see 'Hairspray' on Sunday morning and was planning on fruit salad, bottled water, and maybe a hi-fi bar (if they have arrived from eBay by then!!)

Will take them to Asda beforehand so they can choose their snacks :cool:

I went to cinema last week and took hifi bar cut up into pieces, and a big bag of grapes and cherries and just so i didn't feel left out i bought a huge pepsi max while i was there. Have to say i throughly enjoyed it all and did not feel like i was deprived at all.

You could try making chick pea peanuts if you have a greeen day, they are yummy and you can eat as many as you like.

Love Busy XX

i think i'll take some grapes with me and buy a diet coke while im there, thanks for the ideas :D

I'm thinking of taking the girls to see 'Hairspray' on Sunday morning and was planning on fruit salad, bottled water, and maybe a hi-fi bar (if they have arrived from eBay by then!!)

Will take them to Asda beforehand so they can choose their snacks :cool:
Oh I really want to go and see Hairspray it looks so funny. I see I will have to do some nagging to the other half to take me to see it and some creeping to the younger brother to babysit.:D

I took my two girls 8 and 9 to see it and they loved it. It was a real feel good film, would recommend it.

You could try making chick pea peanuts if you have a greeen day, they are yummy and you can eat as many as you like.

Love Busy XX[/quote]

Can someone tell me how to make these please? They sound yummy! :eat:

I would love to know aswell....do you just dry roast them in the oven?? with a little salt?

I went to cinema last week and took hifi bar cut up into pieces, and a big bag of grapes and cherries and just so i didn't feel left out i bought a huge pepsi max while i was there. Have to say i throughly enjoyed it all and did not feel like i was deprived at all.

Love Busy XX

Love Busy XX

Can someone tell me how to make these please? They sound yummy! :eat:[/quote]

Sorry Guys only just seen these requests for chick pea peanuts!!!

You drain a can of chick peas, dry them off with kitchen roll, then spray a baking sheet and spread the chickpeas on it then spray them and dry roast them, watch them cos they can burn easily, take them out when they are golden brown. Then sprinkle with salt, or cayeene pepper or paprike or curry powder or whatever you fancy they are really nice, .......Honest:D I know they sound weird but try them, good to eat in front of tv etc.

Thanks Busy! I am definitely going to try these!

i tried the roasted chickpeas a while ago and they wer'nt my cup of tea, though i know lots of people do love them, thanks though :D

Back