Cjs diary - I'll do it this time!

I'm finding writing this diary quite theraputic! It's something I look forward to doing at the end of the day, and it'll help me look back and see what I have done for myself and with my family!

Today we went to a friends for tea in the morning, and then to a coffee morning held in the local church hall that hold it for parents of young children. It's quite nice and I've made a few friends through it, one who I now see about 3 times a week!

This afternoon I met up with a friend and we went for a walk. It started drizzling, so we put the raincovers on the buggies and kept on walking, and what do you know, 10 minutes later it stopped and we carried on walking. In total we walked for about 2 and a half hours. It was great to have a good long chat! So it wasn't as fast as I normally walk, but I think it is still good exercise, especially as quite a lot of it was up and down hills.

I'm really enjoying my walking, it helps me clear my mind and relax, as sometimes it is quite busy having two little ones, one who has learnt the word "no" and now loves to do what she wants to do, and a baby who has started teething and is quite grumpy with it! I strap her in the baby carrier and she falls asleep pretty instantly! She slept for 2 hours of the walk, and the other half hour or so she was just having a look around. My toddler loved our walk today, she had a nap at lunchtime, so ate her lunch in the buggy (all of it for a change!) and was looking around at all the trees, wood, birds, dogs, etc etc etc!

Tomorrow should be busy too, out to a playgroup, then off to my Mums for the afternoon and tea, I've already asked what we are having so that I can plan my day and syns round it! We having sausages (9 syns for 2), mash potato, mashed with milk (HexA) and baked beans (free).

Today I've been good, had a banana for breakfast, WM pitta (HexB) with cheese (HexA), salad cream (1.5 syns), salad. Tea was chicken and vegetable, with a mashed potato topping (mashed with Quark) - 7.5 syns for the pie. I had a sugar in a coffee (1 syn) and a rich tea biscuit (0.5 syn).

So a good day!

Well done Caroline, you are really getting organised, particularly working out what you are having at your Mums so that the rest of the day can fit it.

Hi
Your doing really well Hun, in the zone !!
Give the fisherman's pie a go it was lovely an it made 6 portions. I've got myself a slow cooker at the weekend £21 in Argos made minestrone soup today an doing chilli tommorrow worth the investment. Enjoy your day at your mums tommorrow well done on planning it in too take care :)

Hi
Your doing really well Hun, in the zone !!
Give the fisherman's pie a go it was lovely an it made 6 portions. I've got myself a slow cooker at the weekend £21 in Argos made minestrone soup today an doing chilli tommorrow worth the investment. Enjoy your day at your mums tommorrow well done on planning it in too take care :)

I've got a slow cooker too, I've only used it a few times, but have decided to get it out again, as it would be so easy to get something ready in the morning and just leaving it all day!

Today has been a bit of a tougher day food-wise, I think I've hit that point I normally hit where I get a little tempted by food, but I have done my best to keep on track and not be too tempted!

For breakfast I had WM toast (HexB) with 2 tablespoons of my homemade blackberry and apple jam (4 syns)

For lunch I made a salad with lettuce, celery, cucumber, tomato, carrot, pepper, 1 tbsp of reduced calorie salad cream (1.5 syns) and 28g grated cheddar (HexA)

For tea I have made chilli - free apart from 4 syns for the lean mince.

But I have also had 1 rich tea biscuit (0.5 syn), a few McCoys (only a few) and 2 toast soldiers, but I threw the rest away (left over from my daughter's tea) so that I didn't eat them all.

I'm now just going to throw away any dinner left from my daughter's tea, so that I am not tempted to eat them, if I leave them on the plate I am tempted to pick, and I don't want to!

Today we went to a car boot sale, and I got some bits and pieces for the girls, and then for a walk to the park this afternoon, however as my daughter was walking it was a slow, interrupted walk, but it was good fun, and I'm going on a proper long walk tomorrow morning.

I'm looking forward to Friday morning when I weigh myself, I'm keeping that in mind to help me through this bit. I know from previous times I have lost weight that if I just get through this, I'll be fine and I'll be able to resist it all. It's like my mind wants to test me, though that doesn't really make a lot of sense when written down!

Here's to another good day tomorrow, I'm going to plan now what I'm going to eat so that I don't have to think about it tomorrow, then off for a nice long hot relaxing bath with a book, I'll also be away from the kitchen then too :D

:):)well done doing great. :):)
have you got your slow cooker out yet?
I'm at work today but the kids are at home with my Daddy, so put a chicken and bacon caserole in this morning, they should be eating it now, and I'll have it for my dinner later. Have a good weekend x

Hi thought I'd just say hello :) hope you've had a good weekend mine was brill but not great food wise need to rein back in my cravings an get back in the zone !! x

I've not been on for a few days, I had a bit of a naughty weekend, but really I don't think it was that bad, I did to start with though, and started to feel rubbish, and what was the point, but I stopped myself thinking like that and have just been concentrating these last few days on being good again. I guess Friday will show how bad I was, when I weigh myself!!

I've also been looking for lots of new recipes to try, by getting cookbooks out of the library, going through them and typing up any recipes I want to try. I've been working out the syns in them as well, and so far, most are free, or a few syns, I've been taking oil out of the recipe and using fry light instead.

I've been trying to think of recipes that use up any veg/food etc that is in the fridge that will go off if not used, last night I had mashed new potatoes with the skins on, mashed with quark, some fried leeks and then some goats cheese stirred in, it was delicious, and there's some left for tonight too, as my husband is at work until about midnight tonight.

I'm going to get my slow cooker out next week, once I have made a new meal plan for the week and been shopping, then I will be more prepared and that's what I was lacking at the weekend, and I think that's why I ate more than I should.

So, here's to a (hopefully) not too bad WI in on Friday, and back to being organised again!

Hi thought I'd just say hello :) hope you've had a good weekend mine was brill but not great food wise need to rein back in my cravings an get back in the zone !! x

I had a lovely weekend, but definitely gave in to the cravings, though having only rich tea biscuits in the house did help, as least they are only 1/2 a syn each!

How has your week been so far? x

Phew - just did nearly half an hour on the wii doing just dance, I feel very tired and sweaty now, time for a bath I think. I'm going to try and do some each day that I don't go out for a long walk, I think it might be too much to try and do it every single day, especially to start with and I don't want to set a target too high and fail, then feel worse for failing!

I've weighed myself today instead of Friday, I found last week that I wanted to weigh myself on Thursday as well, so have decided to move the day, and have a fresh start this week.

However, I was so surprised, as my scales are telling me that I've lost 5lbs!!!!! I did start my * week last Thursday, so maybe that affected my WI last week, but I am really pleased, and am going to be good again this week.

Nearly a stone now, and I'm now in the 14s!!!!! Yippee! :D

Fantastic Caroline that's soooo good chuffed for you :)
it's that wii just dance doing the magic might have to give it a go ha ha
Do weigh in thurs then we on the same day yippee xx

Yep, definitely going to do WI on a Thursday from now on!

I've only done the just dance a couple of times, going to keep doing it, did enjoy it, and maybe, just maybe, it might improve my absolutely dancing skills!!!

Well done!

5lbs is a brilliant loss!

:talk017:

Thank you!! I'm not sure how it happened! Must be all that exercise lol!

I'm not sure how Body Magic works, I'm assuming that it doesn't give you any extra syns to use, like exercise with WW did (don't know if it does anymore, been so long since I've done it!). May need to find out more about Body Magic ...

Yep, definitely going to do WI on a Thursday from now on!

I've only done the just dance a couple of times, going to keep doing it, did enjoy it, and maybe, just maybe, it might improve my absolutely dancing skills!!!

Meant to say my absolutely DIRE and TRAGIC dancing skills! :8855:

I have been so busy today, I have hardly eaten and am not hungry really either. Didn't have any breakfast today, we go to a play group for 9.30 and getting a baby and a toddler ready this morning took all my time up! The kids get a snack at the playgroup, and as it was so quiet today (only 4 children, including my 2), there was some fruit left over, which I ate, along with half a slice of wm toast and a few cubes of cheese (very small).

I didn't have any lunch as I was doing some bits round the house, before going out to town with my husband and the girls. Then when we got home, I cooked tea for my husband and Ava (saveloy with SW chips), fed and changed Erin (baby) and then put them all to bed, and I have just sat down with a Innocent Veg Pot for 6.5 syns.

I may actually have a small glass of cider in a minute, I think I deserve it.

Tomorrow I will make sure that I eat more. It's just been one of those days today! Though all the rushing round and walking I did must have been a good bit of exercise as well.

I also did my fruit and veg shop today, and got bananas, a big bag of apples, a big bag of satsumas, 4 grapefruit, a kg of pears, cucumber, spring onions, iceberg, and a few other bits that I can't remember off the top of my head, for the week ahead. I already have a butternut squash, courgette and leek in my fridge, and we went to the farm shop as well and got a 25kg bag of red potatoes, so that will last a while!

Off for a relaxing bath tonight and a read of my book! We're going to a 1st birthday party tomorrow, so I am going to be very careful what I pick at!

Oh no, I've had a bad day! Went to a 1st birthday party, which was great fun! However I had a chocolate chip muffin, 2 cupcakes and some chocolate trifle! I'm going to be really extra good the rest of the week and as I don't feel hungry at all now, am going to make a superfree soup to have if I feel hungry later, and some time on the Wii methinks :(

Thank you!! I'm not sure how it happened! Must be all that exercise lol!

I'm not sure how Body Magic works, I'm assuming that it doesn't give you any extra syns to use, like exercise with WW did (don't know if it does anymore, been so long since I've done it!). May need to find out more about Body Magic ...

Body Magic doesn't give you extra syns, it just encourages you to be more active long term, unlike WW where if you exercise you can eat more:eek:

Back