Claire Bear's shrinking mission

I'm sure you will be fine Clairebear, like you said it's only your knees that need to go in :)
I have a shake at work for my lunch and drink it while no one is watching, generally take my break when it's quiet anyway and it's just an old slimfast bottle with no label on it. I don't think anyone would think bad of me for doing it... it's just a conversation I am not ready to have with work colleagues yet.

Fingers crossed it is just the knees that need to go in :) I wouldn't like to be inside one even if tiny - horrible place!

Yes, it definitely just the knees. Thanks for the advice guys.

well - Day 5!! End of the work week!! Actually a bit nervous about the weekend now, which I hadn't thought about until now, but realising that it's going to be harder with not so much to distract me. I also struggle with slimfast because it's not a very sociable diet - I love having meals with my boyfriend, but lunch and breakfast are going to be a very different affair with me sipping on a shake or nibbling on a measley meal bar! Still needs must and we have to adjust to it.

stuck to my same old routine of shake, then meal bar for lunch, apple in the afternoon and a caramel snack on the bus on the way home. Going to have pizza tonight Whoooo!thought I could share one with the boyfriend and have a big helping of salad to fill me up

It'll be easier than you think :) Just try not to let yourself think that it's a big deal. If you are 'OMG I only get this :(' then it will be. (I speak from experience, honest. I started my dieting off doing slimfast around April...started off doing it properly and then introduced proper food in after a couple of weeks and had one every so often).

Enjoy your pizza love :D

Thanks, good advice to not think about it too much.

went to b&q and then to the supermarket this morning, and was heals up in queues at both so was 2pm by the time I git home and was RAVENOUS for my meal bar as had otherwise only had a shake this morning. Learning that meal bars are my kore filling if I eat them slowly, one little bite at a time with a big mug of coffee.

this morning I sat down with my boyfriend and went through the hairy dieters cookbooks to choose some recipes for this weekend. Trying the chicken and ham tangle pie and one of the curries. Love cooking and baking, so am feeling a bit sad I'm not doing that so much at the moment, as my baking invariably means high calorie goods!! But hoping I can do some low cal cooking. I don't usually have time when I'm at work to do much cooking in the evening, so tend to do big batches of these kinds of things at the weekend so I can reheat later in the week

oh i must get my hairy bikers books back out x x x x :D

Have had a nice morning going though both hairy biker diet books with my boyfriend picking out recipes.
im allowing myself up to 800 calories for my evening meal, even 1000 if it's a treat, so overall my daily calories will be 1400-1600 which I think is right. Slimfast plan usually adds up to 1200 which is not maintainable for me.
plus, I can deal with the shakes and bars and snacks during the day, but I would really hate to miss out in a decent meal with my boyfriend in the evening. Just need to make sure I stick to the recipes and keep the portion control in check.

made the chicken and ham tangle pie for the HB book last night - REALLY good considering it's a diet version (I've made their chicken and ham pie with a buttery short rust pastry from their pie book which is obviously preferable) but it was tasty and filled me up so I am happy with that.

Day 6 Today: choc shake for breakfast, will have a banana for snack and then meal bar for lunch. Aiming to do a roast dinner this evening, which is our Sunday norm, but HAVE go work out how to restrict myself to only what I need. Implan yo do lads of green veg (asparagus, broccoli and cabbage) to hulk out the plates, so I can have a few bits of chicken and maybe just one roast potato...

First weigh in tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!!! I weighed midweek and got an 8lb loss, but have this horrid feeling it will all be back on by tomorrow, which is completely unfounded because I have stuck to my plan really well for the whole week, but we just can't stop ourselves worrying can we?

I have a shake at work for my lunch and drink it while no one is watching, generally take my break when it's quiet anyway and it's just an old slimfast bottle with no label on it. I don't think anyone would think bad of me for doing it... it's just a conversation I am not ready to have with work colleagues yet.

I understand you entirely Vicky. It's very uncomfortable for us when colleagues and acquaintances know we are on a diet, because it draws attention and it also prompts constant comments about our intake, out weight, our appearance, something that the non-dieters do not have to put up with. It's horrible becoming "public property" and having your personal business talked about.

Helena

My parents phoned for a chat, and once I told them I was on a diet I then launched into a 40 minute lecture on everything they knew about dieting and advice for me. Well... I didn't ask for advice!! Particularly irate when my dad felt he would point out "I think you do need to go on a diet". YES DAD. thanks. I know... I really know!! And I AM.

dont get me wrong, I am happy to get advice. On here for example I welcome advice, I ask for it and I'm prepared to look at things diffidently if you lovely people offer me a different perspective, but isn't it just hateful when friends/family jump in uninvited?! In addition to that, I've only been doing this for 6 days,in have a plan and I'm sticking to it. What I really need from them is support and encouragement. Not telling me what to do and making me feel I've ALREaDy done something wrong..

grrrrr. Sorry. Rant over!

:) :). :). :)

Claire... what you will find is that everyone will give you conflicting advice. So in fact you have to thank everyone with a smile and then carry on with your own plan. But file their advice in the back of your mind.

Helena x

I don't stick to the 600 cal evening meal - I think it's too restrictive and I have got a long way to go on this diet yet.

We def need more than the 600 suggested. What I did was enter details in MFP and include the shakes in my diary and then eat the rest it suggests in food/drink etc so not so far out of the calories I should have.

I reckon if my dinners are 800-1000 that means I'm overall getting 1400-1600 a day, which seems right for me at the moment. Also room for some treats when I need them as have lost of wiggle room.

at the moment what I'm doing feels fine, I get to eat with shake, meal bar, snack or proper meal every couple of hours, so always something to look forward to. If I was starving I wouldn't deny myself a snack.

weigh in tomorrow... Aaaaargh, nervous!

I don't think 1,400-1,600 is anywhere near enough for you, hon. You don't want to scupper your ability to move down the calories as you lose. I'd go for about 2,000 at your current weight, to give yourself the best chance. :) xx

10lbs lost. Hooray!! Was expecting and hoping for a big loss first week, and a lot of it is probably fluid, but hooray the diet is doing something!! I've stuck to it really well, and I'm really pleased. Just need to carry in what I'm doing now...

:0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0049::party0049::party0049:

Sorry, know it's only week one, but getting started is always the hump for me, do really really pleased with myself for finally getting started

10lb! WOW! :D That is amazing! Very well done lovely! The first week is always a huge step like you said - especially when on a 'restricted' diet like SF! Well done! :)

Also I agree with Tracy, it's best to eat at your 'proper' amounts than it is to not allow yourself anywhere to remove any calories as you lose weight. If you stick on 1400 then you won't have anywhere to come down (I've lost a fair amount and I'm still on 1820 so it's definitely not enough for you love :) ) Especially as we are the same height and I started around your start weight too :)

Thanks for the advice ladies, I'll look at trying to add in some extra bits to bring up my calorie count.
xxxx

day 7, and I've had a strawberry shake for lunch, an apple for a snack and just about to have my meal bar. Those chocolate peanut ones are REALLY good. At the moment I'm alternating between a strawberry and chocolate shake in the of ring, and the between the choclate crunch, chocolate peanut and summery berry meal bars. I honestly really enjoy all of them, so aside from the amount I'm really not finding this too much of a hardship.

Slightly constipated at at the mo, so trying to nip that in the bud with lots of fluids today, I think you could easily get into problems in that regard on this diet, so fluids more important than ever at the mo. I need to find a way do remembering to drink at work as I'm on the move a lit so it's hard to keep up with drinking.

im doing the hairy bikers diet lamb, spinach and potato curry tonight. They work it to as 280 ish per portion, which means I can afford to have a double portion, plus 200g rice would make the meal up t around 900 calories which is fine for me.
HAPPY DAYs. Spotted some mini nans in the supermarket that are a 200 c ALS each, so if I really fancy a treat another time I could slightly reduce the rice add one of those in and I still would be within a fine calorie range. I'm finding it great that I can have a decent meal in the evening, means that restricting myself for breakfast and lunch ain't so bad, and also fits in really well with my busy work days.

The most exciting thing is that we've just booked flights to MEXICO for the end of March. Mega goal to aim for. once I get to Xmas, depending on how I've done with that goal, I'll definitely be setting another goal to aim for around going on holiday.

Back