Claire Bear's shrinking mission

Being tired is a real bugga, and makes me hungry and crabby!

Lottie's idea is a good one - and you might well meet other mums in the area xx

I'm not much of a diet group fan - much prefer it on here for logging and support. You're all so lovely :)

Am lucky to be surrounded by lots of mums - did NCT course so that's given me a huge amount of support and full of lovely mums. Have also been going to local baby activity classes and this morning am going to check out the village mum and baby group. There is bound to be tea and cake.... !!!

Hi Claire. How are you?

There is always tea and cake at mum and baby groups :) How was the one you went to? xx

Hi Elanor- it was fun thanks. I went with my neighbour who has a similar aged baby.

I'm being kept very busy with meet ups every day with friends, other mums, family etc

I think it will be good when the weather improves to suggest more walks, rather than sitting and eating cake!!!

I agree, walking with a buggy or pram is great exercise and it lets baby get lots of fresh air too. My weight started to increase when my three were out of prams and going out to play themselves. I no longer got my daily workout hat I was used to bringing three little ones for a walk.

Hi Susie!! Fell off the wagon (that I was only barely clinging on to). Came back a few weeks ago in here but have been lurking ...

Feeling down about restarting my diet. Still breastfeeding so feel I can't fully go for it.

My daughter is now 5 and a half months and still waking 2-3 times a night. The tirednisnjust a diet motivation killer and I'm regularly going for chocolate binges aaaaaargh.

Still. Next week is a new week and I'm hoping it will be a better week. I just want to get back into fruit and begs, and with all the summer fruits around at the moment that shouldn't be too hard.

I cannot put the 9 stone back on again that Inlost!!! Trying to limit the damage but scared I'm prob 5 stone back on already. Some days it just feels like I'm in free fall

Lovely to see some new faces on this forum and some of my old friends too. Know that we can do this together xxxxxxxxx

Hi Bigbear, you are doing a great job with the baby and keeping up breastfeeding all through the nights. I know losing weight may be playing on your mind but baby has decided this is not the time for that. Stay happy and rested and once she starts crawling and moving about then just trying to keep up with her will help the weight drop.

Hugs to baby bear.

Welcome back lovely, and I echo what Tipp says - staying rested is the main thing for now.

What about making small (baby) steps? :). Maybe try getting veg into 2 out of 3 meals, or something like that?

That's Tipperary and Susie,
You're right, she is the priority for now and it's not time for anything extreme.
My main aim is to not binge on chocolate and to get out for walks as often as possible

I managed a 5 mile walk last week, and some 1 hour walks on other days. Knackered me initially, but I feel back in the swing of things a bit.. I'm really lucky to live close to Blenheim Palace, it's 10 mins down the road, and I've git an annual pass. There are some beautiful paths around the estate, all tarmac and perfect for walking with a buggy

Quiet weekend, my partner is catchingbp on some work from home. Baby is teething and has so far filled about 7 nappies in the last twelve hours. All the trips up and down the stairs to change her must be helping a bit!!

Just done my online sainsburys shop - it's fruit-tastic!! Apples, peaches, bananas, oranges, plums... healthy eating here I come!!!

Also preparing for baby's weaning, so trying to make up and freeze a few batches of purées every few days

Weather is looking pretty rubbish for the next few days, so that might scupper my plans for walking. Although - Inso have a treadmill at home but depends what mood baby is in as to whether she will be amused by watching me on that for half an hour!!

You should wear a pedometer in the house, it may surprise you how much you walk each day in the house just running around with the baby.

Hi BB! I am all caught up! Well done for coming back and like the other wise owls (Tipps and Susie ;)) have said - take it easy on yourself. Your well-being and baby bear's well-being is the most important. Maybe leave the CC-ing out for a while and just do as you said, just by cutting down on chocolate and naughty nibbles will make a huge difference. Once Isobel starts sleeping better (which means you will be sleeping better!) and has more of a routine, you can then get yourself into a routine.

I love doing a "start of the healthy eating" food shop - its almost exciting!

Such a shame they don't do treadmills that fit a pram, you could walk for hours :D:D

xxx

Back