Claire Bear's shrinking mission

Held off the chocolate yesterday, but after the night I've just had it's the head of my Lindt bunny for breakfast lol

LOL well it is Easter, hard to resist all the yummy bad stuff!

They have an Easter cake thing here called Colomba, sort of like a brioche with mixed peel and icing on top - am slowly working my way through one, thanks to a guest! :eek:

GSP hello! So good to see you here again! I think you were moving house last time - are you all settled in?

Susie that's sounds lush.

My Easter bunny felt the full force of my tiredness yesterday. In better news my daughter GAINED 1kg in just over a month which was great news because we did have difficulty with feeding issues in the early days.

Well, Easter is making this healthy choices plan a bit of a write off really, still I am going to stuck with it and come out the other side raring to go for some definite weight loss before summer

I think that's a good idea, just get through Easter as best you can, and then set a mini goal or two for summer.

Yaye to little Isobel putting on weight, that's fab x

Hi! :)

Yup, have been moved in about a year now. Had some drama the first year with a gas leak, but all is sorted now and we are settled in.

I thought of you the other day, before logging in and seeing you were back, because your name popped up on my MFP feed. Only I just glanced at it quickly, thought it was Susie for some reason, and did a wide eyed double take when I saw "burned __ calories doing __ minutes of breastfeeding." LOL. Until I reread it and realised it was you, I was wondering what on earth she was doing over in Italy!

Easter makes it a nightmare to stay on plan. You the right attitude, just stick to it as much as you can, and don't kick yourself up if you have a slip up. Then, summer is not going to know what's hit it when you show it how this weight loss thing is done! xx

Still here but enjoying Easter rather than being good.

Having said that we went out for a walk today so balancing out the feasting just a bit!!

The walking will easily counteract the enjoyment of Easter :D Hope you, Isobel and your family have had a lovely Easter x

We've had a lovely time. Isobel got a chocolate bunny, which I ate on her behalf so chocolate milk this evening!!

I've weighed myself again - properly this time, first thing in the morning etc and got a more accurate weight ... 24st 4lbs..

Onwards and downwards...

Survived Easter weekend - choc intake not so disgraceful, but completely overs indulged generally with food at mealtimes. Still - will enjoy it for the memories and the experience in the moment, but now I've got yo get going.

Still cautious about going too string with dieting for the effect on breastfeeding, so want to stick to 2,500 cals a day (apparently breastfeeding burns up 600-800 cals a day anyway,,)

Just having a coffee, apple and homemade flapjack in bed to start the day

I agree, breastfeeding is great and not the time to be too strict, once she is mobile weight will fall off you with all the running around after her you will have to do, Have you noticed if any of the foods you eat affect Isobel, with my first baby a lot of things I ate caused her problems, acidic fruits and chocolate gave her diarrhoea.

Been stuffing my face with crap since baby's sleeping webtvto pot and I'd been up 6-7 a night to feed her. Tiredness really is a diet killer!

Everything has settled down again now though and so hopefully I can make some better choices...

Oooo, that's tough. I really cant manage anything without my sleep.
Stay strong

Poor sleep really does interfere with eating habits, I'm afraid. Might a weight loss class help you ww or sw? You could always take Isobel with you if its during the day or have it as your time if its an evening class. Sounds asthough you had a lovely easter Claire x

Back