Claire from 'Steps' my big fat wedding!

Uggnboo

Did anyone see this programme last night. She worked so hard (although plenty of money for personal trainers and boot camps helped!!) but she looked amazing in her wedding dress.

I kept thinking, is no-one told her about CD, it would have really helped her. Gave me motivation to keep going and get into the smaller wedding dress!!

gutted i missed this as i really wanted to see it! dont suppose you know if its repeated?
CD is definately the way forward! :)

I think she was determined to do it the slow and healthy way of a calorie controlled diet combined with exercise. She said she was on a 1500cal per day. I think she looked amazing, and yes though she had the money to spend on personal trainers, you've still got to admire her dedication/commitment into pushing her body into shape!

Fantastic loss and she looked great. Her waist got to a size 8 once she was in her corset, and she loved it when the wedding dress maker kept saying it.

Her wee boy was the cutest. I got very clucky looking at the programme last night, that my OH was looking very unimpressed with me :eek:

the bootcamp that she went too was an 8 hour day exercise routine burning 5000 cal a day......when eating only 1500 cal a day....!
I know i couldnt do it! Bravo to her!
:)

the bootcamp that she went too was an 8 hour day exercise routine burning 5000 cal a day......when eating only 1500 cal a day....!
I know i couldnt do it! Bravo to her!
:)

I don't know, I think that if I had only a few weeks until the big day, and didn't think I was gonna make goal, I'd be willing to try anything including bootcamp. (especially if there were some very hot instructors dressed in army gear) Though those 5.30am starts looked a bit much :p

How amazing did she look on her wedding day. She worked so amazingly hard, big respect to her. Not sure I could have managed boot camp, especially with no contact with my fiance and kiddles. I was nearly in tears when her little boy ran up to her in the airport. She seems such a brilliant mummy, not just taking him along to everything with her, but also involving him unlike some other celeb mums. It must have been so difficult to leave him for a week!

Maybe I'm just a terrible old cynic...but I wonder if she got fat on purpose. A good career move for her to get it all off again with a trainer and cameras following her to spur her on...

My h2b said the same thing. I don't doubt that some people would pull a stunt like that, but I don't think she has. Firstly, why would anyone make themselves THAT big on purpose, surely a stone or two would be enough? And she has been larger for a good few years, surely if it was a publicity stunt she'd have started losing sooner?

When I saw her on Celebrity Masterchef, she didn't have that usual little spark in her eye, you could see she was genuinely uncomfortable in her own skin. I really think she did the diet for herself and good on her for doing it!

I loved watching the programme last night I thought Clare looked amazing on her wedding day.

I did the whole I will loose weight when I was getting married but the big dress did not keep me committed. I lost weight after my wedding no problem for some reason, and I hate the photo's I have, everyone else looks amazing my babies, my bridesmaids etc just not me.

So well done to her, and I plan to keep her in my mind for some inspiration when I feel weak and hopfully not give in to temptation.

oh i missed it - anyone know if it's repeated what channel was it!?

I'm not disputing she looks fantastic now or that it was hard work to get to where she is now. I'm just a bit suspicious about these fitness dvds...isn't the same company that did Natalie Cassidy's and Vicky Entwistle's? I think in the latter it was found that she'd been doing extra workouts every day on the side, while claiming all she was doing was the DVD routine. Natalie also has put weight on and think there was some suggestion that she'd been lured into the DVD as a 'job'.
There is a lot of money to be made for something like this. Would be very attractive for a former pop star to get back in the public eye...just saying.
Well done to her anyway as she looks fab.

saw her a few weeks ago on hells kitchen i think it was (so it would have been live) and i would say she has put some back on..... would be interested to see if she really has... or if it was me being harsh..?

She looked fab! Can't wait till I have that smug look on my face!lol x

it kinda p*ssed me off when she burnt her clothes though...i know it's all symbolic, getting rid of her old self blah blah blah but some of those clothes looked nice! DONATE THEM WOMAN! especially with her taste in expensive Christian Louboutin shoes, i would imagine those clothes could be worth a pretty penny to a charity shop!

I thought it was inspiring and I also thought she looked amazing!

I was really moved by it too, and I am so with her when she said "I really don't want to have to do this again", and yes, I definitely agree that she should have donated her clothes to charity.... hopefully it was only the few we saw that got burnt.

Back