Claire Richards

Poor girl. She looks absolutely gorgeous whether she's at her biggest or her smallest and it's such a shame that she can't appreciate how beautiful she is because of her major food issues.

I felt she was doing it for all the wrong reasons - because of a photoshoot so she HAD to do it because she was getting paid for it. She needs to get her head straight and realise that the only time she will successfully lose weight and keep it off is when she decides to do it for HER.

Was unimpressed with Closer Mag though, because I saw that article and having seen the photoshoot with her in the flesh, it was so obvious that the photographs had been retouched for the magazine, which sends out the wrong message. She looked perfectly fine the way she was without having her legs and hips slimmed down and smoothed out for the magazine.

I really hope that she conquers her food demons and respect to her for all the exercise she put in, but you just know she's going to go back to her old habits - that was obvious from the holiday eating.

I actually thought is was cute when her hubby sang "I like big butts and I cannot lie", cos he obviously adores her and just wants her to be happy and more importantly loves her no matter what size she is. She would be far better trying to lose the weight out of the public eye without all the added pressure and the humiliation and sense of failure if she doesn't manage it. It's an awful lot of strain to put on herself losing weight for the cameras.

That said, she did come across as a lovely girl with a lovely family and I'm rooting for her that she finds happiness and achieves her goal weight - either that or learns to love herself for herself and doesn't base her self worth on how big or small she is.

I will be watching the next two episodes with interest.

Val x

I didn't like the way the hubby was talking about the bike's fine lines, something that you couldn't find in the house with Claire. Bit undermining, when he's no skinny mini himself. But that being said, it must be very wearing to live with someone in the starve - binge - hate yourself cycle. (One I know well!!)

I found it interesting but annoying. It was nice to see a real woman in a swimming costume, she wasn't tiny for the shoot & I'd love to look like she does, even with the slightly wobbly things & all.

I wanted to slap her in some ways, I can't believe she will do all that exercise & effort for a photo shoot & then give up instantly. I also feel hugely sorry for her as she clearly has major issues around food. I too think a lot of it was staged though, binge eaters tend to be more secretive.

I think the magazine is irresponsible to be honest. I could have understood the point of the before shot if Claire was embarking on a sensible health & fitness regime to loose weight, basically all she did was carry on as normal then torture herself.

I'd agree with the magazine's attitude being disgraceful - she looked fab in the shoot, it didn't need any air brushing whatsoever.
Just annoys me that she says that she doesn't want to be known as the thin girl who got fat, but all her latest publicity (bar the operastar contest) is about her battle with weight. It's like supermodels who earn their living for years as beauty being the be all and end all, then turning round at the end of their careers saying women should be judged for who they are, not what they look like. Hey, you live by the sword...
God, I'm on a good rant today...full moon?!? Wait til next week when she asks colleen "I have twice as much sex and feel more feminine when I'm bigger/smaller/bigger/smaller/bigger/smaller" Nolan! Now there's someone I'd really like to smother...

I just wish that she had given SW more of a chance instead of saying that it didnt work for her. i know that if i am on plan 100% then it does work. The other Claire Nasear(sp) is very inspirational and she has done wonders to keep it off.

Currently watching this, and I too can't help but get frustrated by how much appears to be 'for the camera'. Some of what the husband says, to me, seems to be bravado, for the camera. We all have our own weight battles, but it must be awful to have a weight loss battle, AND have to think of being photographed all the time, being judged by people you do not know, and worst than that, reading what they have said. People may judge me when they see me, but I don't have to read it or hear it!
To me, she has issues losing weight for herself, she only does it for other people, or for her career (photo shoots etc). My OH is forever telling me I'm lovely the way I am, and that I don't need to change, but I'm *trying* to do this for myself, not for him.

And her balancing her mug on the laptop made me amazingly nervous!

Just watched this.

Very interesting!

I think she has issues that aren't too similar to most of us, although hers are magnified as she has to get semi naked in front of a camera.

As for her hubby, I think it came across that he really loved her, fat or thin, and just gets sick of all the fist & food talk. Can't blame him really!

Interesting programme and I'm looking forward to the next two! x

Claire from steps - Slave to food!

Claire from steps has done a series if anyone hasnt seen it...its called slave to food.

She is a serial yoyo dieter going from a size 8 - 20.

I find it very inspiring to see how she struggles with eating, and that being a celebrity dosent mean your perfect.

I would definatley recommend you guys try and tune in..given me a big boost!

ladyantionette said:
Claire from steps has done a series if anyone hasnt seen it...its called slave to food.

She is a serial yoyo dieter going from a size 8 - 20.

I find it very inspiring to see how she struggles with eating, and that being a celebrity dosent mean your perfect.

I would definatley recommend you guys try and tune in..given me a big boost!

I watched it and thought it was a good watch, and does make ya realise that even celebs have addictions to food...good on Claire!
I have sky+ the series so won't miss one :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I saw a lot of myself in what she was saying and thinking :(

it also made me realise that i will always have food issues - there is no magic answer.

x

Ellebear said:
I saw a lot of myself in what she was saying and thinking :(

it also made me realise that i will always have food issues - there is no magic answer.

x

I was the same to the point i was in tears saying to my hubby to be im like her xx

I've just found it on sky anytime!! I will go watch it now, thanks!

I actually think she was very brave to be so open about her difficulties. I think most of us can identify with her problems, I know I can.

I could relate to the part with the thorntons chocs. Because I used to buy them and eat them all in one go. Which isn't good at all:/ I had a very unhealthy attitude towards food, and I could relate to other parts too, but not all of it.

I can't believe how much healthier my own attitudes to food have become!

Watching episode two now and can't believe she's considering surgery- fix the way you look at food first otherwise nothing g will change

Am warming to her hubby now and get that it's just his sense of humour :)

That girl definitely needs some therapy.

I was actually talking to the tv at times. When she had the steak chips and cauliflower cheese I was saying "but you could have that on slimming world". Only healthier!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back