Claire Sweeney's Big Fat Diet

AmandaJayne

Trainee Maintainer
Just saw a trailer for this.

She puts on 2 stone in six weeks as part of an experiment. Should have asked me;).

Starts on Tuesday on itv. Worth a watch...

AJ

Oooh - I've seen this in a magazine. It does look really interesting.

xx

Yep, sky+ed it already ;)

OMG that was a real eye opener. I would say I put weight on exactly the same way she does and when I was slim my figure used to be similar to hers. The difference 6 weeks of 'eating what she fancied' was just unbelievable. It makes you realise when you finish a diet, that is not the end of the diet....its just the beginning. Now the tough work of maintaining.......FOR LIFE begins.

Sharon runs off to do some sit ups.

oh sharon, i agree. what an eye opener. I was showed how much her body changed in 6 weeks, she looked tight and puffy. Good on her getting it back under control.

I think your spot on, losing is the easy part.

Phew!!

Fascinating stuff.

Shocked at how quickly she put the weight on, but also how her blood pressure increased so much.

I have yo-yo dieted all my life and thankfully my blood pressure has always remained in normal limits. I used to have it checked quarterly when I had my contraceptive jag.

I think it is clear that we have to set ourselves limits, and commit to becoming more active, if we want to regain and keep a healthier lifestyle.

However, it's not that easy is it? For those of us who have learned to use food as a sort of counterbalance to help us cope with feelings or depression, we have to now find another way to deal with them. Like finding another coping strategy which does not harm our health. So smoking, drinking and drugs is out then;).

AJ

Last edited:
did you see the size of the burger tho .... no wonder she was able to put on so much lol ... that thing was huge but looked fab

Her waist went up 10 inches OMG 10 inches in 6 weeks. I agree Taz, her tummy did look very bloated, but there was no denying the back fat and her thighs got the lovely corned beef look.

Oh yeah the back fat and thighs were quite a shocking change. I did have a smirk to myself though when I saw that her waist was bigger than mine!

Oh yeah the back fat and thighs were quite a shocking change. I did have a smirk to myself though when I saw that her waist was bigger than mine!

LOL...me too. What cows we are!! I bet hers is smaller then mine now she's lost the weight again. Nevermind, it was good while it lasted.:D

It sure was! I think dieting makes the claws come out, we start to look at slim people getting fat and smile!

I reckon this programme did do a good job at outlining the risks of "eating what you fancy" and the negative effects it has on the body. However, I have a sneaky suspicion that she didn't just eat what she fancied, I reckon a fair bit of it was put on for the cameras (i.e. the huuuuuuuge burger-you can't tell me she actually fancied that! Although it did look delicious). All in all though good motivation to stay on the right path & get the weight off!

Yes, I think that Claire has to work really hard to maintain her figure. I guess I'll have to come to terms with the fact that I will have to learn to eat less, because I don't want to have to exercise all the time, I just can't maintain it.

AJ

Back