ClaireCat:A Weightloss Trilogy

What was it you did before redundancy? I hope you got a good payout from it :)

OMG I feel like I might die. Ok, so thats maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but I woke up at 4am this morning in absolute agony. I have this dull pain on the right hand side under my ribs which is making breathing difficult. If I take a deep breath, laugh or generally move, it is that sore it actually makes me make involountary "ahh" noises! lol!

I made the mistake of googling my symptoms at work this morning and apparently I've either got constipation, gallstones or a collapsed lung!

The doctor is going to see me at 11.20am. Feel like I could cry!

oh no i had that last summer i got on the train to bournemouth with the kids for a day out , had like a stitch pain, i took painkillers for about 4 hrs even mega strong ones it got worse and worse so bad i couldnt hardly walk back to the station to get the train home, it hurt to breathe, i got home and hubby took me straight to a&e, i was insisting i had a chest infection but turned out to be i had an infection in my gallbladder, so they whipped it out, hope you are ok and nothing too serious, but if it gets too bad go to a&e drs are useless xxxx

Oh thats super reassuring! lol! Here was me thinking i'd pulled a muscle or just needed to poo! :p

omg !!!! sorry didnt mean to put a frightener on you lol, lets hope its just a giant poo xxx

pmsl!!! Its ok. I'm hoping its just constipation, but to be fair, its a hell of an amount of pain to be in for that, so part of me is hoping its something decent. Otherwise, theres no excuse for this amount of pain! lol!

Work collegue thinks its wind, so hopefully the doctor will put me over her shoulder and rub my back til I burp! :p

Got told to go home and rest for a few days and gave me a prescription for anti-inflamatories - which I need to take with food. So she told me to come off the diet for a few days til I'm better.

She thinks I've torn a muscle but said if my breathing gets worse I've to go to A&E because it might be my lung.

So I came home panicing about what I should eat. I was in agony and really wanted to take my painkillers so I thought about getting chocolate at the shop, or a sandwich. However, I just came home and ate a pickled egg so I could take my tablet, then I had 3 quorn sausages.

Really not sure what I should be eating. Do I need the carbs to get better? Or will a low fat low carb few days be ok? I'm so confused as to what to do for the best.

I would shelf S&S and eat normal healthy food to allow you to take your pain medication. Then when you a bounding back in good health you will be ready mentally and emotionally for the roller coaster ride called S&S. Dont put your weight loss before health.

If your pain ends up radiating around your back and up to ur shoulder its your gallbladder. Been there done it and got the shirt and it was always worse after I pigged out.

At the moment its like a pain under my ribs on the front right. By the time id walked home I couldn't breath very well and burst into tears from the pain, which only made it hurt more! Lol!

My bf is off today so he grilled my quorn for me and made me tea :) I've just been sniffing some toffee icecream we had in the freezer - my bf was just laughing at me. But hey, smelling it is better than eating it! I had a lemon bar instead.

Still no idea what to have for dinner tho. God, having to decide about real food is hard!

Oh no. I hope u feel better soon. I think u should do whatever makes u feel better. I would guess that low carb low cal would be fine with medication as it can be healthy but if it would make u feel better u could just eat normally. Could u ring ur doc tomor to ask if low carb low cal is ok? At least then u wouldnt have to go through ketosis again. Good luck whatever u decide to do xox

Oh dear Claire doesn't sound good but as others have said perhaps you need to just eat at the minute to help yourself get the meds down and heal, hope you are feeling better soon xx

oh you poor thing, i really do hope you start to feel better soon, i must admit i had a little laugh when you said you had a pickled egg my daughter looked over like i'm a nutter, i love them sooo much and people always say i am odd for it, well now i'm not the only one. get well soon xxxx

Lol! I love pickled eggs!

I just woke up. Now I'm looking for food, to take my tablets, it occurs to me than my OH eats some amount of *****! There's nothing healthy to eat in this house at all! Had to resort to taking my tablet with a tea cake!!! Men!

Was it a toasted one or a tunnocks lol

Both are good tasting!!!!! Well at least you got the meds down you! :)

The thing with a tunnocks one tho is you just cant stop at one. I nibble at the outer coating of chocolate to make a little hole, then sook out the mallow, then eat the biscuit,................cough i should say I used to nibble at the outer coating etc etc

Same here i try to make one last a whole cuppa :O doesn't always work lol :) Haven't had them in ages either.I prefer to snap the choc and mallow of leaving the biscuit base, then lick the mallow out eat the choc then savour the base Oooooh lol prob not best place to discuss teacake disposal methods lol.

Better not discuss teacakes at all there is a 24 hour Asda 5 mins away from me lol, i can hear my car engine revving

Back