Claire's Diary of Deliciousness

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet - Diaries' started by paigesmum30, 30 January 2012 Social URL.

1. paigesmum30

paigesmum30 Silver Member

Hi all,

Returning to atkins tomorrow after a month on lighterlife to shift some stubborn fat and now i'm back to lose the rest.

Anybody else switched from a VLCD? Worried about the initial gain, anybody tell me what to expect? Any way i can limit a gain? :eek:

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. paigesmum30

Here we go, my first day :)

No breaky, just not hungry first thing in the morning and by the time i get to work and get organised it's 11am!

Lunch was chicken salad with lettuce, small tomato, spring onion, yellow pepper, cucumber, grated cheese and mayo

Snack was a bit of chicken i had left over in the fridge

Dinner is 2 pork belly slices, cauli mash with butter, grated cheese and black pepper. Might throw in some broccolli too

Had one cup of coffee and around 2 litres of water so far.

Think i've stayed in ketosis from the switchover from LL as i've got dog breath ;)

4. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Welcome back Claire, the menus are sounding great :)

5. paigesmum30

Thankyou :) Loving the smell of it cooking and so nice to be able to eat again! Don't know why i went back to LL as could probably lose the same on atkins but i just needed to be a bit strict and give myself a kick up the butt!

6. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Hi claire welcome back:). And enjoy all the yummy food:D

7. paigesmum30

Day 2 and feeling OK, apart from very bloated !

Had a ham salad with grated cheese and mayo for lunch, 2 boiled eggs as a snack and dinner will be belly pork with broccolli and a mushroom sauce (if it turns out OK ha).

Don't suppose we can make sauces using sour cream instead of double cream?

8. paigesmum30

OMG that was THE most gorgeous meal! I could actually eat it all again and had to tell myself not to lick the plate haha :)

9. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Sounds like a great dinner...and what's so wrong about licking the plate...when DD isn't looking;)

10. paigesmum30

You've done fab Katie! How long did it take you to get to target? Was it all with atkins?

Think i've overdone it with the cream.....oops, suppose i will know on Saturday morning when i weight myself ;) Noticed a few people don't do so well with cheese so once i've settled down i'll do a week without certain things and see how that affects me x

11. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Hi claire - yes all with atkins and taken a couple of weeks over a year. Might have been able to do it faster but moved through owl and premaintenance phases to try help the move to maintenance - feels like the "right" way of eating now;)

I'm lucky that cheese doesn't seem to stall me - but sugar free goodies and wine are dangerous:D keep going!

12. paigesmum30

That's great, gives me an incentive to stick to this for good! How much did you average losing a week? Would love to be at target by April but already 3lbs heavier then when i stopped LL on Monday :(

13. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

If you take a look at the second post in my diary thread you can see all my weekly losses - remember that it all slows down as you get towards target weight though:) and quite a few people have a little bounce up when they move over so dont panic!

14. paigesmum30

Will go and take a look now, thanks Katie :)

15. paigesmum30

Has all of a sudden lost that 'feel good' and now 'feel quite sick' instead so i'm off to bed. Knowing my luck i've food poisoned myself arghhhhh

16. shellsmithcat

shellsmithcat Silver Member

Menus sound lovely - I hope your feeling better x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

17. paigesmum30

Thank you, belly better but really thick head so hopefully well into ketosis now :) xx

18. paigesmum30

Hi everyone :) does anybody know of an alternative to cream to make a sauce for fish pie? Seems cream gives me a bad belly! Xx

19. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

What about watered down mayo?

Or try the Schwartz hollandaise sauce - it's low in carbs, exact details on the low carb shopping list

20. paigesmum30

Great, thankyou x

21. Alpaca

Alpaca Gold Member

Good luck with it Claire ... It's great once you get into your stride xx