Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Hiya Wrinkly, yes i have love. Got them for a bbq with my best mate a couple weeks ago. Enjoyed my tea but have got a real craving for strawberries, raspberries n cream atm... Have got just under half my carbs left today so am tempted to pop over road to get some...

Still in a mood about having my window put thru and they're not coming to fix it till tmoz. It's an old fashioned listed sash window too so apparently they need to take it out comletely to change the pane. Kinda spoils my day before work a bit.

Meant to be going for a meal after training on sat with my course before we pass out on sunday. Last time we spoke about it they all wanted to go for chinese. I love chinese and have not had one for over 4 months now. I do not want to break my diet as it's going well now and i don't want to make do with the dishes that are half ok to eat. If i'm having chinese i'll have what i want but i am not ready to have one yet. Hoping i can change peoples minds on saturday. They all know i'm doing the diet so i'll just be stubborn i think.

Legs are still sore, got some banana boat pure aloe gel today and have put it in the fridge to get nice n cold. Will put some more on in a few mins.

Claire are you thinking of becoming a regular or staying as a special?

Hey Claire, Raspberries & cream but still under 20 carbs!! Good for you!

A regular Jim. Passed all the assessment side ages ago whilst leaving the raf but the courses got mixed up like they do. So went for a staff job n specialling in the meantime till things go through and also in a better position of going into the regs from a normal job rather than the raf where giving a months notice is nigh on impossible. The two main worries i've had all along though were being too heavy, which i've now rectified to a certain degree, and the damn shuttle test. Have got the medical two weeks today and now my bmi's under 30 i'm hoping it'll go through ok though i reckon i should take myself out of ketosis that day as otherwise my pee test will come back wierd n can't be having any hassles. Had a go at the push/pull test on my personal safety training the other weekend and passed it no problems so i don't need to worry about that one now. So it's just the sodding bleep test to train for and worry about!

B. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5

Feel really lethargic this morning, think i got woken up by my alarm at the wrong point in my sleep pattern maybes. Meant to have the window mending men around between 10-11 so gotta sit in all day before work, boo..

Got hardly any food in atm so no idea what i'm eating today/tomorrow lol. Am thinking a couple of the sausages from yesterday with couple fried eggs for dinner. Then got a few raspberries left which i'll take to work at 1600hrs with maybe a bar. Will probably order a chicken kebab (no pitta) with mayo n green salad from the kebab house near the nick. It's a plan anyways..

Thanks Wrinkly n morning to ya love, hope you're ok?

Last edited:
I remember Eleanor, my daughter, having to train really hard for the physicals. She went to wrighton near Coventry for her training. She was a special before as well, whilst she was at Uni.

Ah yeah, i've heard of Ryton Jim. They've recently changed it so the training is now done on division so up at HQ and then carrying on at the main training station at each of the three divisions. I think it's a better way of doing things really as you get taught how to police your local area as what may be common to some places is not to others.

My sore throat has now gone onto my chest. Not sure if it's the hayfever, the inhaler i'm using to treat the hayfever or something else. Feel like i'm losing my voice a little too, going a bit croaky! Not good for the attestation on sunday! Eeeek.

I see, so no more pass out parades and stuff then Claire.

Not sure really Jim. I know they don't do marching anymore and aren't issued tunics either. They get their warrant cards at the start of training too so not sure what happens at the end?! Used to get the warrant card at the start of specials training too but they've recently changed it to the end. I think it's nice in a way as you're not gonna be going out till after your training and gives us something to look forward to at the attestation ceremony on sunday. Had the pic took a couple months ago ready for it and compared it to my staff pic - my face looks quite a bit thinner! Hurrah!

I went to Eleanore's parade, it was great, made me all weepy seeing my little girl passing out. LOL

Colleen remembers coming to my passing out parade as well. :D

Had my mum, dad, best mate, grandparents n brother to my raf pass out parade. Mum n best mate balled their eyes out! I caught sight of em as we did the eyes right past them all which almost set me off, had a right lump in me throat. Was a lovely day and made all the hard work of basic worth it in a way though would still never do it again lol! Would've hated army training!

I quite enjoyed it love, being an Army brat the training didn't faze me at all, that and going to a military boarding school. The para training was great fun, loved every second of it, but I was a very physical person then. :) I have to say Colleen was well impressed with 40 odd young fit paras marching past. :D

0.5 brought forward

D. 3 asda extra special pork, sun dried tomato n oregano sausages 3.5
2 fried eggs 0
Half a plain tomato 2.2

6.2 so far

6.2 brought forward

S. 30 raspberries 4
Coffee with sweetner n cream 0.5

10.7 so far.

Feeling a little light headed n woozy today, thought the natural sugar would help. Off to work in a few mins.. hoping to be able to get chicken kebab with salad n mayo for tea as haven't got anything to take in with me..

You can always get a kebab near a cop shop Claire. :)

Had the chicken kebab, salad n garlic mayo for tea last night in the end. Got asked out by the local kebab bloke when he delivered at the nick, most embarassing.

B. Choc chip atkins bar 2.1
Coffee n cream n sweetner 0.5
S. 2 x Klix coffee machine 0.5
D. Bacon bits n 2 eggs scrambled 0
T. Bacon n chicken salad from lloyds bar in town for specials meal. Guessing at about 5 as didn't have much of the salad as was pants 5
S. 3 x small glasses rose wine (they didn't have coke zero for my bacardi option n didn't want to have the citric acid in diet coke) 6

Total 14.1ish (and v.ish!)

Salad was a bit pants so may have something later..

I honestly didn't know where to put myself Laura! I could've just curled up n died there n then. Stupid me got all flabbergasted n told him i didn't have a bf, which i don't. Then when he asked the reason why i said i don't have time for one due to work.. lol.. I think the next time i see him i'll need to make one up or something!

Back