Claire's occasional diary

I like these 700 DDs, not only are they easier but I seem to be losing better too. Not a scientific test, I was overdue for some losses, but a pleasant surprise. Scales now at 9st8.5lbs, the lowest I have been for a long time. I am loth to make any predictions of when the final pound and a half will go, I have failed to see them materialise too often. Happy all the same, and comfortable with the lifestyle, which is really important. I don't feel at all deprived, 700 is plenty so when I increase to 1000 for maintenance it should be very easy.

Official Saturday morning weight 9st8.25lbs. Now only another 1.25 to go to target, not that I can stop when I hit it, I have to know that I will not exceed goal after an UD, so that is another pound(ish). The increased DD calories have done no harm at all, although I have also increased exercise as both my dance classes are going again.

Currently at 9st8.75, the weekend was rather excessive, as I knew it would be because I had eating out with friends commitments. But I'm hoping to stay level or even lose a little this week and maybe get the last pound off next week - fingers crossed. I'm not getting too excited, just hoping that the diet will segue into maintenance without my even realising it has happened.

Still at 9st8.75, but it has stayed that way after both UDs this week, so I'm hoping for a little drop tomorrow after the 700 DD today. No worries if it doesn't, I'm slowly losing interest in the scales. Maybe I will manage to be a weekly weigher eventually, but that is some time off still.

9st9lbs this morning, the lowest Monday weight for some time. I'm happily continuing on my JUDDD journey, no expectations, no problems, just a lifestyle really. Still hoping to reach goal but no deadlines or pressure, either it happens soon or eventually.

Now down to my all time low of last Saturday, 9st8.25lbs. Really happy with how things are going, DDs don't seem restrictive, and UDs are just however I feel at the time.

I'm quite tired after dancing last night, it gets harder as I get older. My ambition now is to build some more muscle strength, that will help my dancing and help me look slimmer because I still notice bulges that I hate.

Put on half a pound, which is of no real account in this diet, and stuck there for a couple of days. I can't decide whether I am stable at this intake or losing very slowly. Confession time though, my UDs have been pretty bad, what with the cold weather I have been really hungry for carbs. DDs aren't a problem somehow, I don't understand that.

I go to Carcassonne for a few days on Monday so no dieting then. I will reassess where I am when I get back and have braved the scales, and adjust eating plans accordingly.

Claire you are so nearly there it's kind of like you are, IFYKWIM. You really are doing very well, you obviously have a good balance in place as you go up or down by .5lb but thats about it. Well done, it's no mean feat what you have achieved.

Love

Thanks Barb, I'm perfectly happy with the diet as I have it now and my weight is pretty much OK so I am almost behaving as though I am on maintenance. It is only because I set this 9st7lb goal that I feel I should do it, although since I'm the one who reads the scales it is only me who will know when I do get there! I am really pleased with how this has worked for me, especially when other diets didn't, and I feel very healthy and energetic too.

I've looked at some of your new diary entries, you seem very happy and upbeat now and it sounds like it is really going to work well.

Hi Claire,

You're doing so well. Well done hon!

Have a lovely time in Carcassonne!

Love Anja xxx

Thanks Anja, I had my official weigh in this morning and I am 9st7.75lbs, less than a pound from goal! I am so excited, even though I know that I will gain a bit over my holiday so can't actually hit the magic 9st7lbs for a couple of weeks. It is good to see the 7 rather than the 8 all the same.

The holiday damage plus an excessive weekend sees me back at 9st10.75lbs. So back to work to lose it again, 700 DDs and keeping UDs in the range 1500-1800, that should be around 2lbs loss in a week, fingers crossed.

It is probably good practice for me to have to deal with small gains, being vigilant and acting quickly before a few pounds becomes half a stone has got to be the best way forward.

Thats it Claire, its all about the balance isn't it? I am sure you have it sorted now and will soon drop those couple of pounds, when it is ONLY a couple of pounds it's not so daunting I imagine. Hoep to find out myself one day!

Keep up the good work, love

Slowly getting back into it, I don't think the weather helps. All that rain yesterday made me reach for the biscuits I'm afraid. Today I weighed 9st10.5lbs, it is slowly coming off and today is a DD. Barb I'm not sure whether it is easier to deal with just a couple of pounds because it is also easy to ignore it! That is what I know I mustn't do, I have to face the fact that I don't use the calories I used to a few years ago.

Slowly but surely the weight is going down. Official weight now 9st8.5lbs, just about seen off the holiday damage and only three quarters of a pound above my previous low point. And only a pound and a half from goal, although I'm not certain if my goal is the right one. I shall keep doing this 700DD and free UD system until I'm staying under 9st7lbs and see how I feel. It isn't any hardship, I'm very used to it now, and I don't want any big "Yay, the diet is over" point, it won't ever be over , it will just have slightly higher DDs.

Well done on being 'there'. We all want to join you in MaintenanceVille!

You're doing great.

Scales were at 9st9.5lbs his morning, which is pretty good after the weekend. I reckon I'm averaging about 3/4lb a week loss with 700 DDs and eat whatever UDs, which is fine by me. Definitely not fast enough for most dieters, but it is easy to tweak this diet for quicker losses, that just isn't where I'm aiming now.

Anja, are you still around? I've lost track of what you're doing now doetwise.

9st8.75 this morning after the UD yesterday. I've not been getting much exercise this week, class cancelled on Monday and I can't make it tonight. I know it would make a difference, but at the minute I'm happy just to take it gently.

Musing - feel free to ignore - It is funny how new diets burst onto the scene with everyone full of enthusiasm and then it seems to tail off to nothing. Maybe it is because losses are usually good in the first couple of weeks and everyone thinks "ooh, if I lost half a stone every two weeks from now till Christmas just think how much that would be". And it doesn't work (unless it's a VLCD). So they get fed up and give up, put the half a stone back on and look for the next magic wand diet. Or maybe they just don't like the food permitted, can't eat that much protein/cabbage/grapefruit etc. and after a couple of weeks can't take any more. This isn't intended as a criticism of anyone or any diet, they all work for some people, just maybe not in the way one hopes. I'm just interested in the pattern. This was brought on by noticing the lack of people here and on the Unit forum, at a time when you would expect a lot of dieters trying to lose a bit by Christmas, I'm sure they are around and they must be using different diets.

Still, no concern of mine, I'm still happy with JUDDD, healthy and slim(ish) and easing into maintenance gradually.

Think you've hit the nail on the head there Claire! Most diets, done properly, render good results for the first couple of weeks. Then it gets tough, losses are slower and enthusiasm wanes. Understandable. I still think the ultimate answer to this is finding the way that suits the individual. For me the food diary is the most useful thing to do; it keeps me in check, makes me aware and stops me pigging out because I don't want to write it down!

In a way the thing I love about Minimins is the very fact that so many people are doing different or similar plans but they are mostly finding their own way. Thing is, whatever you do you have to be able to live with it. Juddd seems to be the one for you, I am really glad for you.

Love

Back