Clare's Insanity Journey! Watch me, join me or just think I'm completely insane!

fairyfairy_clare

Hi everyone,

My name is Clare. I'm 24, 5ft5 and currently weigh in at 150lb. I'm not exactly the fittest person but am by no means totally unfit. My plan is to start the insanity workout on monday 25th feb. Madness I hear you cry. Well yes! I tried insanity about 18 month ago but quit after 6 days because I put on 3/4 of a lb (laughable I know, I was obsessed with the scales lol). Thankfully since then I've learnt that this is completely expected and am ready to give it another go.

Since my last attempt at insanity, I've also started studying a diploma in clinical nutrition which will help me with the eating side of things. I dont plan on following the nutrition guide that comes with insanity but using my studies to devise my own plan.

Im really starting this post with the aim of getting either some people that are as mental as me and want to join me or even just some followers who I can rely on to keep my head in the game. I need to feel accountable to someone at least in the beginning until the adrenal junkie in me comes out lol

I'll add my exact starting weight and measurements on monday morning along with my stats for the first fitness test in the evening.

Soooo, after my little ramble......who's ready to dig deeper? :)

Hopefully speak to some of you soon.

Clare :D

Good luck!

Im doing insanity and im on day 25 tonight. Im still tired as day one but that's cos my form has improved so I now push harder lol

I have gained weight with it but I think that's cos I haven't eaten the right amount of calories. I've bought a heart monitor which does my calories. so now I know what I'm burning then I can gauge my food intake.

Hope you do well!

Hey,

Thanks so much for the reply. I cant wait to get started with it actually. Youve done a lot better than I did on my first time round lol

I've got a heart rate monitor already which I use when I go running. I'm in the middle of training for a 10k too.

Hope you get fab results. Keep me posted on how you get on. Lets hope theres some more crazy people out there that want to join us :cool:

Wow good for you! Bet your rest week goes super quick. Good luck for month two, I have no idea what to expect from it but I've heard it is mega tough.

I am totally ready for 25th. Wish I could get started now but the workout calendar starts on a Monday and I dont want any excuse for getting lost or confused and giving up lol I've roped my hubby in to watch me coz im guilty of letting my form slack and not giving it 100% so as well as shaun t ill have my own little drill sergeant haha. Although he wasnt as enthusiastic when I told him I was bringing the dvds to the lake district with us when we go in 2 weeks :D Roll on monday is all I say now!!

Hi!

I'm also just about to start recovery week. I hope it really drags because I'm dreading starting month 2! Totally agree it doesn't get easier but the results for me so far have been amazing. Good luck getting started again Clare.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Make the most of your recovery week, it'll probably fly round lol. I'm really excited to get started now, even more so when I hear of people getting amazing results. Let me know how you get on with month two. Cheekypasterfield will be starting it soon so im keen to see how you both get on. Good luck!! Cant wait to start posting with my results.

Morning guys,

Ok so I weighed in and took my measurements this morning:
Weight: 10st 10.25lb
Waist: 30.5'
Hips: 38'
Thigh: 22.5'
Bust: 37'
Under bust: 33'
Arm: 10.5'
Butt: 40.5'

Totally ready for the fit test tonight so I'll post results later on this evening. Wish me luck!

Evening guys,

Fit rest results as follows:
Switch kicks - 80
Power jacks - 37
Power knees - 86
Power jumps - 22
Globe jumps - 9
Suicide jumps - 12
Push up jacks - 0 :mad:
Low plank oblique - 33

Burnt 321 cals in total. Feeling good, not too tired. Feet hurt tho, did it barefoot which wasnt a good idea. I'll be wearing trainers in future. Gutted I didnt even manage one push up jack. My arms are really puny and weak lol
Looking forward to tomorrow's session.

Have a good night all :) x

Well done!

On day 3 of recovery week. Finding it tough but I think cos although the exercises aren't intense with speed. It's still really intense on my muscles. Don't help I'm doing zumba too lol

Goid luck with plyometric circuit tonight. Hope you're not aching too much

Hi!

I'm also just about to start recovery week. I hope it really drags because I'm dreading starting month 2! Totally agree it doesn't get easier but the results for me so far have been amazing. Good luck getting started again Clare.

Alex

I'm totally with you! Only 3 days then scary month 2 arrives lol

Hey,

Legs are starting to feel it now lol absolutely shattered after tonight. Burnt 565 cals with plyometrics and it completely kicked my butt. Ready for tomorrow's session, got a feeling ill be in pain tomorrow lol

More the merrier we can all be in agony together! So far so good on the recovery week. It's going way too fast month 2 is looming its ugly head.
Well done on the plyometrics that's a great calorie burn!

Agree with Alex, defintely the more the merrier, so welcome krissy :D and good luck. I'm super enjoying it at the moment, my legs are totally killing me lol haven't reached the moaning stage at the minute but that might change when I have to get up early on thursday to do cardio recovery (I seem to remember that not being as pleasant as it sounds). Let us all know how you get on with your fit test krissy :)

Evening all,

Just finished cardio power and resistance. Totally exhausted! 348 cals burnt tonight which is no where near as high as I hoped but with it being more resistance my heart rate slowed in places. Sat and tried to eat my dinner with my hubby and sweat was just dripping from my chin haha. Not sexy at all. Hows everyone getting on? x

Well done! Great burn

I used to love power resistance exercise

Day 32 Core, , Cardio and balance done. I made sure I kept with everyone on the dvd and burnt 228 cals

I find my calories burnt a bit disheartening. I only normally burn between 270 to 300. I do work my socks off and sweat buckets but I think being 32, 5ft 9" and 10st 10lbs doesn't give me a massive burn :-(

Ahhh only two days left of recovery week eeek!

Wow you're doing awesome! My calorie burn is ok just hope I see the pounds and inches drop. Wouldn't mind bein 5'9 and 10st10 instead of 5'5 and 10st10 lol how many calories are you eating a day? I checked out the nutrition guide and for me it recommends 2050 a day which seems like a lot but with the itensity of the workouts its probably about right.

The nutrition guide made it 1756 for me to lose but I wasn't getting anywhere with it. So when I got my hrm which gave me my actual calories burnt. I decided to use the recalculate my calories but on step 2 activity i use sedentary at 1.2 which gives me my daily without exercise and then I add my actual calories burnt.

It seems to be working as today im 10st 8.6lbs so nearly a 2lbs

Since doing insanity ive lost 1" off my hips the rest has stayed the same but I know my body has changed just not where I measure Hahahaha

Back