Clare's Story

Well done Clare!!!

:happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096:

Keep up the good work!!!

Xxxx

Well I've heard it all now!

Tony just told me he's worried that I'm dieting because I want to find another man!

I don't know if I've mentioned before that he is is pretty keen on me loosing weight because of my drop in confidence and low self esteem and to be honest our sex life has been almost nonexistent for a while now.

In a weird kind of way I'm going to enjoy him having all the insercurities :D

Men! We just can't win! :)

LOL, bless him. He seems to be picking up on your euphoria! You are obviously happier at the moment? I know I am, seeing your body change shape is such a great feeling, he must have noticed because he is now thinking other men will notice.

Does he need a little reasurance that you are doing this for both of you?

x x Julie

Hi Julie,
You're right, I'm so much happier and it's not all down to the 18lb weight loss.
I just feel so much better about myself because I'm sticking to the diet and doing something about it not just moaning and feeling sorry for myself as I had been doing for the last 4 years since the birth of our little boy.

Are you feeling the same way? ...and also do you just feel generally happier and more positive about everything?

Yep, sure do.

I am now a size 18, went to a black tie wedding on Saturday and wore a stunning black dress, everyone (especially my size 10 sister) said I looked stunning (was wearing my gok wan corset tummy holder thingy) but I do feel so much happier.

I am quite an upbeat person, have to say I feel sexy, and of course my fella loves it when I point out things lik my hip bones (yes i have them)!!

I love it that I can eat out now, have been good at the indian, local pub and because of that I dont feel restricted so I am halfway there.

I have found alternative food I love so when the others are eating steak, I have a venison burger, just drop the potatoes.

I am ready to lose weight, have not been on diets before so this is a first for me but its not as bad as i did think it would be.

You are doing so well, I can tell you are enjoying your journey.

I do enjoy sharing with my guy, he shows a good interest in what I am doing and is incredibly proud so we are happy as ever.

Ive lost a pound this week, I have to say that I had more than enough wine this weekend but it was a special occasion and I will get over it!

Speak soon x

Hi Julie,

That must of been a great feeling hearing you sister say you look stunning in your black dress:)

I just love the way you say you feel sexy... you are so open and honest. It's great to hear!

It's my first diet too and like you said it's not half as bad as I thought it would be... in fact I'm loving it! :D

Yep thats me, wear my heart on my sleeve!

You are catching me up - I better get a move on! :D

I think you are a very positive person also x

iv just been reading these posts and this is why i like this forum, everyone is so friendly and easily offers encouragement to each other, iv only been on xenical for 1 week and so far i feel im doing ok.
cant wait to get weighed,but im sticking to the monthly weigh in with my practice nurse.
hope to speak to you all soon
sharon x

Hi Sharon!
I totally agree with you! Everyone is so friendly and more than happy to help other users which I find very heart warming :)

Like you I was also trying to wait for my monthly weigh in but I just couldn't wait that long. I weigh myself every few days now... I know it's wrong but I just can't help myself. :D

Good luck and I hope you keep posting and letting us share your weight loss journey with you. :)

I had my first weigh in yesterday. I've been taking Xenical for almost 3 weeks and have lost 18lbs!

I could tell my Dr was really happy for me and couldn't praise me enough on how I've turned my diet around. :)

When I got home I sent a message to Tony at work to let him know how it had gone at the Dr's ... I'd like to share with you all his reply....

' I'm glad to hear that things went well at the Doctors, I really am proud of what you are doing and how hard you are working at this.
I'm still worried you are pushing yourself too hard but it's difficult not to be impressed at your determination.
I love you and miss you! '

How sweet is that!?! :)

Sweeter than sweet... he will worry, gary does but its only concern because they see us working hard at it....

No wonder he is proud.... you have done amazing but you dont need me to tell you that, the scales say it all!!!

What were you eating before you started on Xenical then?

Me x

What were you eating before you started on Xenical then?

Bread! and lot's of it!! lol

For breakfast I would have 3 or 4 slices of toast with far too much butter and then at lunch time I would have a sandwich.
Dinner was ok really but at night I would eat more bread! lol x

what a lovely reply off ur fella,he seems proud of how well you are doing and well done with that weight loss! im hoping mine will be so good,

sharon x

I'm down to 200lbs today!
I'm sooo happy! :D

Hi Laura!
Thanks for your kind comments:)
I'm sure you will do great.
My advice would be to read through some of the threads as there are so many very helpful people here and everyone is so supportive.

Good luck and I look forward to sharing your weight loss journey!

Last edited:
If you see a big fluffy cloud with 9 written on the side of it don't worry because it's only me floating around.... I'm down to 199lbs today!:banana dancer:

Back