Clarri's GI food diary!

Hi all. I've had a mad busy wkend which resulted in being a bit all over the place but have made best choices possible. Yesterday I got brought brekkie in bed of beans egg and slice toast. Was a bit cold so didn't eat it all. Then drove to ikea - a 2 hr drive. I had a banana apple and too many nuts :-$ had spicy lamb tagine with coucous. Then had a wholemeal pitta with tahini.
Today was more on track -
B - 45g shredded wheat, banana, seeds
L - 2 soda bread with avocado and tahini
D - roast chicken, 30g bulgar wheat, lots veg.
3 biscuits ( ya I know - grr).

Well done for doing your best to stay on track. Today's food looked great, even with the three biscuits.
Good day tomorrow.

Thanks IM. Unfortunately the scales seem to be up a bit this morning. I realistically am hoping for 1lb this week, but that will give me 7lbs in 2 weeks, so am happy with that.
Food for today -
B - usual!
L - 60g bulgar wheat, chicken, cuke and toms, with tspn olive oil, lemon juice and mint.
D - Salmon and roasted veg
snacks - highlights, apples, ff yog

xx

Don't get disheartened. You did have a lot of events to cope with. Yet you kept GL in mind making as best choices as you could. Keep on track for the rest of the week and you will be fine.

Happy to report 1lb off. That's 7lbs in 2 weeks so I will go with that.
Food today been fab.

B - eggs, beans, bacon medallions, tomato and mushrooms, with small slice brown bread.
L - wloemael pitta, tahini, salad leaves, cuke, xtra lght mayo. Ff yog
D - quorn mince and veg
Apple, banana, 2satsumas and 15g mixed nuts

So good day

7lbs in two weeks is great going. Good for you. Great to see you had a great day today. Have an even better one tomorrow.

7lbs in two weeks is great going. Good for you. Great to see you had a great day today. Have an even better one tomorrow.
Thanks IM. Im very happy with that. xx

Well done, that's a fab loss so far!! x
Thanks xx
Well done! Doing fantastic - keep it up!
Thanks. xx

Morning,
Im really loving this way of eating. The lack of cravings is fantastic. I do have moments when I see something and think, ooh, would love some of that, but then I remember how my body feels after eating it (eg. a local cafe do the most lush scones, but after I have one, I really really slump!).

Todays food -
B - usual!!
L - 2 scrambled eggs, tomato, avocado, Aldi wholemeal toasting muffin, ff yog
D - same as last night, quorn and veg
snacks - 2 pieces fruit, oatcake, highlights hot choc.

esellem said:
I still can't get over the lack of cravings, it's great, isn't it?? :)

Me too! I keep telling everyone how I never ever feel hungry provided I stick to the right foods. I just wish more people would give GL a go. It is so not like a diet!!
Had I known about it before I did TFR I would have started on it. As it is, I never ever see myself following any other plan.

Morning,

Cant believe its 2 days since I posted. Naughty me!!

Ive had a good few days.

Friday -
B - usual
L - white fish, salad, half avacado and wholemeal pitta
D - went to a friends who is diabetic and follows the GL woe, so had cauliflower dhal, bean chilli, brown rice, and a big salad, with a tahini dressing. Gorg. I def went over on portion sizes, but at least it was good food.

Saturday -
B - bacon, egg, small piece lf cheese on wholewheat muffin
L - slice low gi toast, xtra lght mayo, chicken and tomatoes
D - hmmm. went to a chinese servery. I didnt go mad, but it definitely wasnt low gi/gl. I did however savour what I had, and stopped when I was full. I also had a "fresh fruit" pavlova, which turned out to be very little fruit, but it was lovely though. 2 bottles of coors light and 2 glasses red wine. That was my 20% of 20/80 rule!!

Today - Sunday -
B - chilli scrambled egg with smoked salmon on 1 slice low gi bread
L - chicken and bean broth
D - veg curry with 60g brown rice
snacks - ff yog, fruit, highlights hot choc

Also ran 4k yesterday, which Ive never done before. Im feeling so buzzed at the moment. Love love love the energy.

Wow! Go you for positivity just now!! Keep it up hon. Agree totally on the 80/20 approach. We have to be able to accommodate occasions where we can't choose well or just really want that extra treat. I'm loving the sound of that breakfast today. Very lavish, yet so GL friendly.
Here's to a great week ahead.

Morning,
I made a HUGE booby yesterday, but its lesson learned and im 4lbs up this morning because of it!
I was out for the afternoon, and when I got home OH had cooked some gammon steaks, very lean, and decided that it would be ok to have one, then had another one. Cut any fat off, and had them with my veg curry. As far as I was concerned, I hadnt done too badly, the rest of the day as shown above. I then discovered that on my plan (unislim), the gammon isnt free....... the salt content affects it. And now, my body has reacted with a 4lb gain this morning. I know its only water, and it will go, but just goes to show. Also I suppose the smoked salmon would be very salty as well!! Oh well, pints of water shall be drank today!!!

Food for today -
B - 30g shredded bites, 1 slice low gi bread, fruit spread, banana
(really hungry - again, throw back from water retention)(2.5c,1fr, .5y)
L - tuna and bean salad (1fa)
D - aubergine and cauli curry, salad with a tahini dressing (1y, 1fa)
snacks - fruit and yogurt and options

Hi Clarri, well done for spotting the problem and dealing with it! I had a bad weekend too but I am not going to beat myself up about it, I will just get back on track this week and go for it. Just curious as to what the letters and numbers in bold after your menu mean??

Hi G friends!!
Well, yesterday ended up being such a massively hungry day. It was awful, but I got through it. I did have extra nuts and dried fruit, but could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Today has been a great day -
B - egg, 45g porridge, and 5g mixed seeds and dried fruit (Aldis fruit porridge)
S - banana
L - 1 slice multiseed bread with baked beans, apple
D - chickeny thing and veg.

Well done Clarri for getting right back on track. It can be tough after a little planned break or unavoidable slip to get rid of the cravings for stooge and processed food.

Well done for getting through it Clarri!! I bet you're feeling good being back in control :) x

Do feel better for getting in control, but had a sts this week. Its ok, not getting in a guff, just getting on and plan on getting it down next week.

Food today, bit more carby than normal, but thats ok -

B - 2 slices brown soda bread, spanish omlette and lf spread
L - multi seed wrap with banana, ff yog, and sprinkle highlights
S - apple,. hightlights
D - turkey chilli and big salad

I like the attitude of getting on with it despite the STS. Good for you. It maybe just one of those weeks or perhaps portion sizes need looking at. When I was in weightloss phase I had the occasional STS week. I usually cut back portions a little and then had a loss the following week.
Here's to a better week next week!!

Back