Class

time2bslim said:
I loved my class up until all the new people started early january and has continued with lots of new peole each week since - the people are nice - don't get me wrong, but the class is just too too big now ................

PLUS a few people who all know each other have returned after about 8 months of not going to class - they have completely and utterly taken over - they have ousted the social team - they've taken over the selling of the shop stuff and weigh in - and payment and raffle etc etc.....................it's really doing my head in.

I only lost half a pound tonight - have struggled really since Christmas - I text my C last week and didn't get a response back - it seems that the newbies are much more important than my fiver a week.

I can't do it alone as I have done that before stopped going to class and regained the weight which is what i do not want to do.

bit fed up now.

Same here time, had similar situation x

Welshtigger said:
Just a quick note to all those people 'whinging' about IMAGE therapy! It stands for Individual Motivation And Group Experience so surely that means people get individual attention and then ideas are banded around the group!!

Hi Welsh

I and many others aren't whinging thankyou, Not everyone has good experiences at class and some people like me find it tough, SW class is not a place for attention seekers to take over and talk about their kids etc! It's not a crèche either which mine is turning into it's a place for people like me and many others to swap ideas and get something from the class to help us,you obviously have a better class!

I think each class is different - do you live somewhere near to a large choice of classes? i would suggest perhaps going to see another class - you could contact that Consultant and ask if you can come along for free one time? That way you can 'review' how that group works?

I have been to 2 slimming world groups - the first one was too big, and went on for ages, and to be honest i wasnt motivated by the C. My current group is great, i get on with everyone (I was voted the Woman of the Year by them so they must think i am okay too!) and i think its a great part of the plan to get the support from everyone.

If you think you can go it alone then thats brilliant too - just make sure you keep popping on here for ideas and a chat!

If there are certain 'gossip pockets' at your class, i would mention it to the Consultant - she can be tasked with muting them for you - without you having to get involved. Ultimately if you dont tell the C, its her business and she should be wanting to keep all her clients happy!!! If she doesnt think it annoys anyone, why would she change anything!!! :)

Take care, xxx EB xxx

My consultant LOVES the sound of his own advice. He never lets anyone get a word in edgeways when he is giving advice to other members!

Other than that he is ace.

I love the raffle!! Lol! xxx

I have 'whinged' before and still stand by the fact that - so far - my "therapy" is not at all therapeutic. It is a register of weights read out, with several 'oh no she has gone' moments. Sometimes one particular bloke gets a mention - very few people ever see him but he has been slimmer of the week for about 3 months I gather. There is no real room to contribute or discuss anything as there is the register of weights to get through. I don't think we have a social committee - the same ladies weigh and take money every week. Sometimes there's a bit of a push about the magazine - last week I was surprised how long some new Mugshot thing in the magazine was promoted - it was vaguely impressive to see how long someone could talk about a pot noodle I guess!. It is very like going to detention at school. It's dull and seems like a waste of time but it's not exactly painful!! I'm sticking with it just because I sort of zone out and have a quiet hour to myself!! and thank goodness it's just down the road, and maybe, just maybe, the magic of being there is infiltrating my soul! ; )

julesmorris said:
I love class particularly as I've won the raffle a fair few times lately! I've won a steamer, a hamper of fruit and a wok filled with Chinese stuff!

Our raffles usually low syn foods so I'm rather jealous lol

We didn't have I T last night. Kids were off on school so our C decided it would be weigh only. I really could have done with the support after having a 1.5lb gain after following plan 100%.

I have only been a few times, and I am trying to mix with the others in the group but it is hard as the members that stay seem to all know each other really well and not many new people stay at all.

This is my 3rd time back at slimming world in a year! I've lost the weight each time but classes were pushed aside as I felt I didn't fit in as I went alone!!
This time however I stay everytime I'm determined to get to target and make a few friends! At first I sat alone but found if I sit in same seat everyweek try and discuss a recipe of some sort of exercise when it's my turn I feel better and now as I'm a regular face people are starting to come over for a chat or ask for copy recipe ect so I'm starting to feel more comfortable there now.
Remember people are only human and are reluctant to talk to strangers, strike up conversations say hi to people as you walk in thinks will get easier

Back