Clean and green??

Broox159

What exactly is this? I know its probably in the booka somewhere, but it escapes my memory, and i see it a lot on here....im trying to get back into atkins and feel like this is the obvious way to go? I tried last week and got the worst migraines.....so had to stop again :(

Ahhh, ok, so no coke zero/pepsi max etc either?

I think that may be the way to go. I get paid on Tuesday so im hoping to do a good atkins shop then and start afresh monday!

It just means strict induction - protein and leafy green veg - no sugar free or low carb products, or Mims :)
Oh dear, I did not realise about the Mims, I had one yesterday... :eek:
I have also just bought some more sugar free jellies. :break_diet: Back to the drawing board.. :eek: :)

Kate - Mims stand for muffin in a minute, they're made from flax seed - there's a whole sticky thread dedicated to recipes. Go check it out.

Oh dear, I did not realise about the Mims, I had one yesterday... :eek:
I have also just bought some more sugar free jellies. :break_diet: Back to the drawing board.. :eek: :)

I wouldn't let the sugar free jellies concern you. I have started having them. I just count the carbs.

As with everything - small portions fine. So if you have an occassional mim or sf jelly no probs. if you have every day then some people stall. Clean and green is to make sure you arent having any stallers

I am planning a strict clean and green for next week, pure protein and green veg.:eek:

Never tried to be so strict - so have high hopes it will help the weight loss.:)

Told H2B about whoosh fairy LOL He says more like a devils dump, trust a man to want it to sound butch :rolleyes:

Enjoy clean and green - make sure you have some good low carb snacks on hand too. Personally mine are pork crackling and little mini cheddar bites - the fat is really satisfying for a snack.

Thanks for the advice Kat1e, sounds good for when the nibbles strike.:)

i have spinach, cabbage, kale, pak choi on my green list does anyone have suggestions on other veg or yummy ways to cook them up?

They're more carby than cabbage so I'd use less leeks to cabbage ratio. Slice em up reasonably fine then lob em in a pan with a decent sized blob of butter. Garlic butter also works well.

Back