clothes in a smaller size

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Sam, 17 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Sam

Sam Banned

Yesterday I saw a very pretty shirt which I liked a lot. But unfortunately my size wasn't available anymore. There was only one shirt left of a size which is two sizes smaller than mine. Nevertheless I bought it. I thought it could be good for motivation to keep on losing weight. What do you think about such a purchase?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

I do that all the time. Especially if its a sale item. I have clothes at my mums which shes picked up for me which are 2 or 3 sizes smaller than I am just now, but some were reduced to a fiver. I KNOW Im going to fit them soon & it saves having the expense of buying loads at once.

AND its a good incentive ;)

4. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

It is a great incentive, I did this a few times........

5. Sam

Sam Banned

Good to hear that I am not totally weird :) So have you ever bought smaller clothes which fit you right now? And if you have how much time did you need? Or are you still working on it? I am asking because my husband said it is stupid to buy smaller clothes. He said I would never wear this shirt because of fashion changes...

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Ive bought loads of tops and skirts. I dont agree with the fashion changes argument, yes it does, but I know I for one have a style I like and tend to stick with it. I dont follow 'fashion' If I see something I like I buy it. Since Im not into designer labels etc the things Im buying arent going to go out of fashion...

7. Elie

Elie Silver Member

But what he doesn't say, is that you will probably lose this weight before there is a change in fashion :p

8. Sam

Sam Banned

That is a great argument Elie :) Well at least I am going to try to reach my goal as soon as possible. And honestly I don't really think that there is a real fashion for fat people. In most store you won't find anything else but these timeless clothes. That is really a pity, because being fat doesn't mean not wanting to wear pretty clothes!

9. Flab-u-less-Flower

Flab-u-less-Flower Silver Member

Smaller sizes are great motivators. I did it on my weightloss journey and am thrilled they all fit me now.
    I think just about everyone can look good if they have the right fit, you just have to dress for your body type.

10. Sian744

Sian744 Member

i do this as well- having lost over 3 stones- it's been hard to get anything that fits me.....but great to get something i will fit into....

Sian xx