clothes in a smaller size

Sam

Banned
Yesterday I saw a very pretty shirt which I liked a lot. But unfortunately my size wasn't available anymore. There was only one shirt left of a size which is two sizes smaller than mine. Nevertheless I bought it. I thought it could be good for motivation to keep on losing weight. What do you think about such a purchase?

I do that all the time. Especially if its a sale item. I have clothes at my mums which shes picked up for me which are 2 or 3 sizes smaller than I am just now, but some were reduced to a fiver. I KNOW Im going to fit them soon & it saves having the expense of buying loads at once.

AND its a good incentive ;)

Good to hear that I am not totally weird :) So have you ever bought smaller clothes which fit you right now? And if you have how much time did you need? Or are you still working on it? I am asking because my husband said it is stupid to buy smaller clothes. He said I would never wear this shirt because of fashion changes...

He said I would never wear this shirt because of fashion changes...

But what he doesn't say, is that you will probably lose this weight before there is a change in fashion :p

That is a great argument Elie :) Well at least I am going to try to reach my goal as soon as possible. And honestly I don't really think that there is a real fashion for fat people. In most store you won't find anything else but these timeless clothes. That is really a pity, because being fat doesn't mean not wanting to wear pretty clothes!

Smaller sizes are great motivators. I did it on my weightloss journey and am thrilled they all fit me now.
I think just about everyone can look good if they have the right fit, you just have to dress for your body type.

i do this as well- having lost over 3 stones- it's been hard to get anything that fits me.....but great to get something i will fit into....

Sian xx

Back