Clothes labels allergies

Leapfrog

Champion actifryer
Does anyone else have an allergy to the labels inside clothes? I mean the ones usually in the collar with the manufacturer's name and size and also the ones in the side seam with washing instructions. They are driving me mad!

Whenever I buy new clothes the first thing I do is cut out the labels (a shame now they read "Size 10" lol!!) But I've started to notice that labels on clothes I have had for years and washed several times are now starting to irritate me too.

But they are increasingly sewn into the seams which usually means unpicking and resewing as even cutting them close to the seams leaves a scratchy stub. Some of them are made of a sort of plastified material and I wondered if there was some sort of solvent I could use to dissolve the stub of the label without damaging the stitches.

Anybody got any tips? Maybe acetone?

The first thing my hubby does to all his Tshirts is rio the labels out, he hates them and they do rub his neck and side. Not sure if you call it an allergy or just rough and annoying.

I do have to sew up the seams as well.

I also remove all the labels, they irritate and leave red patches where they rub, although not all labels for some reason - so it's not just you! The unpicking and sewing is the only option I have though, sorry!

Does anyone else have an allergy to the labels inside clothes? I mean the ones usually in the collar with the manufacturer's name and size and also the ones in the side seam with washing instructions. They are driving me mad!

Whenever I buy new clothes the first thing I do is cut out the labels (a shame now they read "Size 10" lol!!) But I've started to notice that labels on clothes I have had for years and washed several times are now starting to irritate me too.

But they are increasingly sewn into the seams which usually means unpicking and resewing as even cutting them close to the seams leaves a scratchy stub. Some of them are made of a sort of plastified material and I wondered if there was some sort of solvent I could use to dissolve the stub of the label without damaging the stitches.

Anybody got any tips? Maybe acetone?

Sorry Hilary. Only just seen this.

All I have to say is I can not possibly speak to anyone who is a size 10 lol !!!

hugs xxxx

I just wanted to say, my friend would love you! She cuts all her labels out and keeps them in her pockets, purse and car, and it's like a comfort blanket thing but she rubs them between her fingers (or on her nose) to soothe herself... Mental!

Sorry bout your allergy though :(

x x

I cut the massive ones on the side out usually cos they scratch me or curl up to make the clothes not sit right.

I always cut them out - hate the damn things. The side ones are the worst, usually sewn into the seam but I just cut across the top and see if they will unravel then can pull it all the way out. I even cut them out of my knickers and bras (put it safe so I can rebuy same one but lose it usually)

Back