Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Clothes shopping

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Minders, 9 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just needed to get out of the house yesterday, so I went shopping. Didn't really have any plans to buy anything, just felt like going... change of scenery. The last time I went shopping it was so traumatic I think I went home and cried. I couldn't squeeze myself into anything! And what I did get into, I looked so horrendous in, it was just soul destroying.

This is the first time I've gone shopping since starting SW and I've lost 2 stone so far. Almost everything I tried on fit. I ended up buying a top at Next, and another top at ASDA, which was actually a size 16!! OK, it's a tidgy bit tight on my arms but not so much I can't wear it, and a couple more pounds will see that right, and the top is REALLY flattering!

I was feeling so good about myself, I stopped at Boots and bought a new lipgloss to top out the new look (Bourjois 3D effect - it's fab!) and then went to ASDA and bought mostly fruit for my snacks for the next few days!

What a great day!!!! I'm feeling really quite good right now! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Metermaid

Metermaid Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(21.56%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Wonderful feeling isn't it - I know just what you mean! It's amazing the boost you get. I bought a top at the weekend without trying it on, because I knew it would fit when I got home - instead of having to try on loads and still not find anything that comes close to looking good!

Enjoy yourself you deserve it! - PS, I'm off to Boots to check out that lip gloss, I'm addicted to the things I have a pot full!

4. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    :party0011::party0011::party0011: :party0011::party0011:

Thats great. I love that feeling, I cant wait to feel like that in a month or so.

5. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sounds wonderful xx

6. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    well done on getting into a size 16 :)
    I was going to go yesterday but i am not back at target yet so i dont want to buy a 16 when i lost my last 12lb i will be a 14.

7. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm nowhere near a 16 on the bottom. I just have a very small waist so depending on the shape of the top, my size can vary from 16 upwards a couple sizes.

Metermaid, Boots has the lipgloss on offer. Still a little pricey, but this one is worth it. The colour is divine and it feels so good on!

8. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Well done minders for getting into a 16 top, i can't wait to get that feeling, it is like you have really achieved something and it spurs you on.

9. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    I will be happy when i can get back into any bottoms in a 14

10. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

well done on the size 16! and in ASDA that could be a skimpy sizing so thats ace

Gen x

11. charliegirl

charliegirl Silver Member

Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    Well done chick, it boost ones moral when we can get into something nice...xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.