Clothes shops - which are generous with their sizes & which are skimpy ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pandora, 11 February 2007 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    now that i am soon going to be able to shop in "normal" clothes shops i was wondering which shops are the best to go to ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Hi Cheryl

I used to like Monsoon because the sizes were G E N E R O U S! :D

Dizzy x

4. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    It's not an exact guide but I find that generally the more expensive clothes tend to be more generous.

I like Per Una in Marksies, Principals, Wallis, Next that sort of thing, which for me are very similar in size. I recently went into Matalan and tried on some combat trousers that were in their sale and had to go up a size, but I didn't mind too much as they were soooo cheap :)

The lovely thing is that when you get to your goal you will love shopping for clothes and won't mind trying a dozen different things, cos you'll look fab in all of them! Enjoy it :)

5. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

The sporty designer ones like BENCH etc are tiny!!

6. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    I find Next are not generous. I can get into 20 top and 16 bottoms most places but 20 tops in Next are too tight !

7. curlygirl

curlygirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I get quite a bit of stuff from Peacocks! they have a great selection and the quality of the products range from cheap as chips (ie £8 for a pair of trousers) to an average price (£16 - £20 for a pair of trousers).

I definately find it much better than Newlook (think its gone down the pan!)
    :)

8. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Also agree with Dizzy about Monsoon....expensive but fab fit. They were the first size 16 jeans that I got into. Luckily didn't have to pay for them as they were on the LL clothes swap rail. I have some Dorothy perkins size 16 jeans that are still too tight to wear whereas the Monsoon jeans are getting a bit slack.

9. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

My fave cheapie shop is Primark!! Fashionable, great choice, and usually fits! I went there yesterday and spent a TENNER on;
    For DD; 2 vests, cords, coat, fleece
    Me; Coat, in a 16! Yippee!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.