Clothes shops - which are generous with their sizes & which are skimpy ?

pandora

finding my way again !
now that i am soon going to be able to shop in "normal" clothes shops i was wondering which shops are the best to go to ?

Hi Cheryl

I used to like Monsoon because the sizes were G E N E R O U S! :D

Dizzy x

It's not an exact guide but I find that generally the more expensive clothes tend to be more generous.

I like Per Una in Marksies, Principals, Wallis, Next that sort of thing, which for me are very similar in size. I recently went into Matalan and tried on some combat trousers that were in their sale and had to go up a size, but I didn't mind too much as they were soooo cheap :)

The lovely thing is that when you get to your goal you will love shopping for clothes and won't mind trying a dozen different things, cos you'll look fab in all of them! Enjoy it :)

I get quite a bit of stuff from Peacocks! they have a great selection and the quality of the products range from cheap as chips (ie £8 for a pair of trousers) to an average price (£16 - £20 for a pair of trousers).

I definately find it much better than Newlook (think its gone down the pan!)
:)

Also agree with Dizzy about Monsoon....expensive but fab fit. They were the first size 16 jeans that I got into. Luckily didn't have to pay for them as they were on the LL clothes swap rail. I have some Dorothy perkins size 16 jeans that are still too tight to wear whereas the Monsoon jeans are getting a bit slack.

I get quite a bit of stuff from Peacocks! they have a great selection and the quality of the products range from cheap as chips (ie £8 for a pair of trousers) to an average price (£16 - £20 for a pair of trousers).

I definately find it much better than Newlook (think its gone down the pan!)
:)

My fave cheapie shop is Primark!! Fashionable, great choice, and usually fits! I went there yesterday and spent a TENNER on;
For DD; 2 vests, cords, coat, fleece
Me; Coat, in a 16! Yippee!

Back