Clothes sizes

Leapfrog

Champion actifryer
A few years ago on a trip to England I bought some shirts in the Sainsbury's "Tu" range - in a size 18 & 20. Told myself their sizes must be on the skimpy side! Now, having nearly reached target, I visited Sainsbury's again and bought some jeans - same "Tu" range - this time a size 8. Whoopee!

Now I'm telling myself their sizes must be on the generous side! :confused: I'm confused!

LOL, i dont perticuarly know with sainsburys, but i'd say, congratulations on your size 10's.. and maybe you were like me trying to convince your smaller then you were to begin with ;) LOL x

OH well done on your loss! I never bought anything above an 18! I must have been a 22 (at least!) But elasticated waists are accomodating! And a thing of the past! I'm now in a 16, some are still a little snug, but those will be perfect in a few weeks, and I have my siights firmly on a 14!

Size 8?! That is brilliant. My child-bearing hips wouldn't let me be a size 8, even if I lost half my body weight. ;)

Years ago when I was 2 stone lighter I was a size 12....today I'm a size 12 still so I think over the years sizing has got alot more generous!!! Having said that, if it's only been a few years for you between the different sizes I would definitely celebrate! :D

I am very chuffed, but to be honest I'm not kidding myself to be anything below a size 10. And some size 10's can be a little too snug. Mind you, so can some size 12's. The size 8 is a bit of an anomaly, but what the heck - I've even got the hanger to prove it!

And Scarlet Daisy, I've got child bearing hips too - I'm very curvy and there's no way I will ever be skinny! I have a friend who is tall and really thin and she can't get into my size 10's, so body shape isn't always a clue.

Wow!! Well done on your size 8s!!! That is fantastic!

I've gone from a 28/30 to a 16-18 and happy about that so far!

And Scarlet Daisy, I've got child bearing hips too - I'm very curvy and there's no way I will ever be skinny! I have a friend who is tall and really thin and she can't get into my size 10's, so body shape isn't always a clue.

Well done on your brilliant weightloss so far, bet you feel fantastic!

My biggest area is always my hips, Ive always dreamed of wearing size 10 jeans but felt it would never happen but you've given me hope :) (whether or not it'll happen for me is another thing)

Some shops are a bit more generous in sizing than others - M&S for example. However, I believe sizing has changed over the years: when I got married for the 1st time in 1987 I wore a size 12 wedding dress. That same dress is a bit small for me now even though I wear size 8/10 these days. Go figure!!!!!

Today I am wearing a size 14 shirt from 'yoof' store and general Twigletorium, 'Republic'

I am most definitely still a size-16-from-Dotty-P girl.

Go figure!

Clothes sizes here (IMO) do vary a lot - I can hop between 2 (sometimes 3) dress sizes between different stores. I find some of the high street shops for the 'younger' market think everyone is a twiglet! And inconsistency within a shop (between different trousers etc) happens too.

But, though seeing a smaller number on the clothes gives us all a massive buzz, we have to remember it's just that - a teeny number on a teeny tag of fabric. So long as we all FEEL better and look better (just from feeling happier as well as from losses) is more important!

Congrats on your fab achievements - you've done really well! xxx

Wow size 8 - that's really great. Many moons ago at uni I went down to 8.5 stone and was still a 14 so i don't think I'll ever be that small. Although I'm over 3 stone heavier now and a size 14 once again which I'm finding very confusing :D

Back