Clothes to slim into

Fatnfunky

Silver Member
Hey all! :)

Just wondered if you all had that one key item of clothing you are really keen to get back into?

I'm thinking of buying a pair of jeans a couple of sizes smaller, just to motivate me.

x

I bought a lovely pair of jeans as well, there 22 and although i can fit into them my tummy bulges over grrrr so want to slim down even more to get into them!
Though ive seen a lovely skirt i want to buy in a 16 and hope it fits by next summer!

I have a size 12 jacket waiting for me to get into and size 10 jeans.:rolleyes::D

What I found an incentive, was to drag out of the depths of the wardrobe, a pair of jeans I had 'grown' out of and try to get back into them. You can remember how you looked when you used to wear them and it really lets you know how much weight you have lost. Also, I found that you can tend to go a bit bonkers buying new clothes when you have lost the weight and I'd been so long in the same old 'fat uniform' that it took a few trials and errors to get back to what suited me. After a few mad mistakes, I started to get stuff from charity shops and ebay so if it looked pants or I changed my mind after a few times, I hadn't lost any big money. Good luck with your loss and happy shopping!

Awww i look forward to tossing away my fat uniform too Annie lol

I am currently a 26 (though my 26 rogers and rogers jeans are loose on me know). So i might buy a pair of size 20 jeans and aim for that to start with.

I bought a lovely pair of jeans as well, there 22 and although i can fit into them my tummy bulges over grrrr so want to slim down even more to get into them!
Though ive seen a lovely skirt i want to buy in a 16 and hope it fits by next summer!

Oh the evil 'muffin top effect', i hate that too lol

Good luck though x

i have a pair of jeans i used to LOVE in college and i havent been able to get into them since i left college.. over 6 years ago :wave_cry:

so my aim is to get into them and then go from there

I bought a t-shirt many years ago - a really cool tie-die t-shirt with a picture of an alien on the front.:eek: According to the label it is XL but when I tried it on it was definitely not, more like a M/L. I have tried it on numerous times over the years and it was always waaay too tight. I could never bring myself to throw it away.

I can wear it now!!!!!!! :bliss:
It fits perfectly.

clothes motivate me.. i mean even if these jeans are not fashionable or what not, for me they are a milestone. and if i can get back into them, i know im well on my way and succeeding on my weight loss for the first time in my adult life!!

That is such a good attitude to have, i am really hoping this is my last fat summer, and i can keep to my diet, things are slowing down already , and i know i can do a lot better than i currently at, it's just a motivation thing for me.

Clothes defintely motivate me - i just wana be sexy lol!

lol go on you!

I just want to be able to squeeze my ass into high street clothes, nice and cheap, unlike evans and the other plus size shops lol

Yeah - i like evans but man it can get pricy in there when theres not a sale, i want to be able to dive in and out of new look and other high street!

Yeah - i like evans but man it can get pricy in there when theres not a sale, i want to be able to dive in and out of new look and other high street!

Exactly, what could cost £30 in evans, lets say for a pair of trousers, you can go primark and only spent £5-£10 on that. I am not a clothes person, but if i need a item of clothes, i hate being limited to Evans, Rogers&Rogers, M&S (great jeans though) and H&M

I bought a pair of skinny jeans from Primark in a size 18 when I just started, and they didn't go past my knees!:( I tried them on every now and then, til eventually they fit me perfectly, and I feel comfortable in them!:D

My next target is to get into a pair of size 16 next jeans I have, which I should be able to do in a couple of pounds time.:cool:

i have loads of pairs of trousers that i have grown out of. i can't remember buying the next size up except once so i don't know where they all came from, ha. but i still have all my old size 14 trousers. not sure if i'll actually want to wear any of them when they finally fit, but when they do finally fit i'm going to be soooooooooo happy :D

abz xx

Back