clothes whinge

ziggyzoo

I am attempting to get dressed and looking through my wardrobe have nothing to wear. All my trousers now look like clown trousers, the only clothes that actually kind of fit are work clothes (ie smart skirts and blouses), I am a teacher.

So in the summer holidays I am forced to dress smart to go to take my daughter for her gcse results. I didn't even notice things getting to big (lost 8 pounds this week) it just seems to have happened over night. Sigh I will have to go shopping but dont want to buy to much because hopefully I will be whinging again like this soon . Yay!!!

Yep, I know the feeling!! I've ended up going to Tesco/Asda and buying a pair of £8 trousers for work - also managed to get a couple of skirts for about £3 in the sale, but they're knee length so I haven't had the courage to wear them yet!

I have to say that I had a real confidence dip a couple of weeks ago and I think part of the problem was that I felt as though nothing I wore looked good or made me look good so it wasn't inspiring. And also, the clothes had got to the stage they were so big that they were uncomfortable. Hence the trip to the supermarket.

But, as we know, this is a fab problem to have! And we'll continue to have it till we get to goal, so let's moan together here and then celebrate together when we're in our super slinky new outfits! :D

Congrats to both of you for your losses :) the continuous clothes buying is definitely a mixed blessing though and I'm living out of a tiny selection of garments until I get to goal to save money!

Well done guys! Maybe get some huge red shoes to go with the trousers and do some children's entertaining for extra cash ;) :D

Well done on your losses! I know it's lovely to lose, but it's depressing when you have nothing to wear, as you want to show yourself off more when you lose a bit.
I remedied this with going to charity shops every week to see what new things came in. You can get some really good things.

Week 3 and I just consigned my first pair of trousers to the "too big to wear pile". Strange feeling having spent years buying clothes to grow into and out of!!! Well done on losses everyone. T

I have a sewing machine and I'm not afraid to use it!

I've taken all the waist bands off my trousers, put in darts and narrowed the legs where necessary. Trimmed the waistband and reattached.... simple and more importantly it only cost me an hour of my time!!!

If I had to go shopping everytime I lost some weight I'd be very poor indeed by now!

Do you know anyone who's handy with a machine??

Well done!! It is annoying when you want to buy, buy, buy all the time as nothing fits, but want to save money for when you are at goal. On this diet it feels as if you need new clothes every month or two. I have black trousers and jeans, about 5 tops and 1 dress that fits. I just try and think what it will be like when im at goal and I can actually build up my wardrobe instead of only replacing stuff that doesn't fit!! x x

Back