Clover's Journey :) xx

Oh no! I don't have that issue with snow thankfully!
I did have a good day with food until I decided to do some baking for my grandma, big mistake!!

Todays food:
EE - been getting hungrier recently so Gona start doing EE in and out and see how I go.

B: weetabix (b) milk (a)
S: WW mallow [2.5]
L: flora cuisine [2], pork, green beans, Courgettes, onions cauliflower and rice with a stock cube. Was attempting sw curry but the sauce I made was rank so I just had the stock cube! Was looking forward to it too. Need to find another recipe.
T: leftovers from lunch
S: Yogurt/kiwi

Getting back into a diet coaching book, Its so inspirational ! With so many great ideas to keep u in the that mind set.

:) today is Gona be a good day! Xxx

Have you tried Maykway Curry Powder it's lovely! It's 4.5 syns per 28g dry which is by far enough to make two portions, it tastes like chip shop curry mmmmm you can get hot or mild, and very easy to make.

And what is this squat challenge? Sounds intriguing.... (even though I hate squats....haha)

Ok I've been.super naughty over Easter, had the.boyfriend visit.and I did loads of baking... I weighed this morning at 14.13... 6lb heavier.. My own fault, makes me wonder about how people can feel.controlled by food.. Hmm

Anyway back to it today.
Red day - try to kick start things Abit.

B : weetabix and milk
S: 2 small plums
L: 2boiled eggs, pork, stock cube and onions, baby tomatoes.
S: banana
T: beef and veg. Yogurt

Doing the squat challenge too xxx

Had a good week and lost a pound :)
Haven't been updating but I have been on.here everyday!

Made the decision to go vegetarian,
Have been.considering.it for ages.but a recent documentary confirmed it. Feeling good :) planning on phasing out the animal products and going vegan.
So this is now a green diary, anyone.know if i can change the title?

Today:
B: apple, Weetabix and skimmed milk (a2 b1)
L: pasta, veg, pesto (5) and a plum
T: bread (b2) nutter (4) low fat supernoodles
Strawberries and grapes
S: aplen bar (3) and options hot choc (3)

Syns: 15

Last edited:
Day 3 of being a vegetarian and feeling good. Went shopping yesterday and was so weird to skip the meat aisles! Seem to be shopping cheaper tho as meat is so expensive! Replacing the meat with beans and pulses which don't cost as much!managed to find the almond blue diamond milk people love on this forum so im looking forward to trying that, plan to be Vegan by.next week. Have bought the soya products in preparation, just finishing off the things I already bought.

Food for today;
A: skimmed milk
B: bread and ... Haven't decided yet

B: toast, butter (4) banana and tea
L: veg stir fry, teriyaki sauce (2)
T: peppered quorn steaks (anyone know if these are free?) and veg :)

Hi - copied this from my diary so you can see it here - this is what my son said about being Vegan

He has been Vegan for more that 25 years - started off for a while as veggie whilst he learned about being Vegan.

He said the worst thing for him was learning to live without cheese and now he doesn't eat the vegan cheese as he thinks it tastes of nothing. Also he eats cereals with only water on them, buys the best oats he can and says he can do without the milk.

Like the Boy Scouts - Be Prepared..... :D - cook for your freezer and buy a steamer and then you can take out the prepared main food and add steamed vegetables - or you will end up living on breakfast cereal like he did in the beginning.
Always keep cooked rice in the freezer so you can knock up a stir-fry quickly. Spices, spices and more spices.
He also cooks with a pressure cooker for beans and lentils and slow cooks some food when he has time to make it in the morning before he goes to work then it is ready when he arrives home.

Quorn is ok for Veggies but not for Vegans as it contains egg white.

If I remember anything else will let you know.

Doing SW and trying to be a new Vegan will be a big ask to start with - learn about being a veggie on SW first then progress to being Vegan. Plan ahead, with your job it must be easiest to just grab a sandwich when you come from work (usually cheese when you are a veggie
smile.gif
). I don't have much else to do but still plan in my head what I am going to eat for a couple of days, saves on buying stuff you are not going to eat and forgetting to buy other.
Anyway Good Luck with both SW and being Veggie/Vegan

Last edited:
Ah thanks that's a great help! I am only on day 5 of the veggie life so only phasing out the dairy for now, I am eating quorn but not the eggs or milk itself if u see what I mean, only when it's in something at the moment, have bought vegan for dummies book, waiting for it to arrive. It's something I want to do but it seems difficult to manage if.u leave the house! I know it's going to be a long process but just slowly stopping certain things, I try to avoid cheese as it's a binge food for me and If it's in my fridge I just feel I need to eat it all :/ so I avoid it lol biggest thing for me is milk. I went dairy free last year for dietary reasons but went bk to milk Cos I love it and put up with the consequences! Stupid really! Im drinking the blue diamond almond breeze at the mo and it's fine :)

Well done to Ur son! I couldn't eat cereal with water eughk! Each to their own :) xxx thanks again xxx

Hi,

I read your sig and found you :) Cheese and dairy generally really are addictive and if you have managed to do without it you are doing really well. I think that being vegan on SW is pretty easy but I've been doing it for years, it's a bit of a nuisance that the vegan cheese alternatives stopped being a HX but I doubt that anyone who can remember what real cheese is like would enjoy them. I've got a book with recipes fermenting blended cashews to make a cheese alternative that looks good but I've not tried any yet. The reviews say that people who like dairy have liked these so I am eager to try them on my family. My poor consultant - I've left her with what I suspect could be a HXB - a tofu ready smoked and combined with almonds and sesame seeds and will get her to find out about wheat gluten for my next batch of seitan - to get her to work out fermented cashews and rejuvalac ... like I said, poor woman to have someone who eats such weird stuff in her class.

I think someone pointed you at Susan Voisin's blog FatFree Vegan Kitchen | Sinlessly Delicious Recipes but of course some of her ingredients have to be synned. There is also a recipe book called Appetite for Reduction that has a very good reputation. The author, Isa Chandra, has a website and I've been looking there for you, these chips are like SW chips but sound a LOT better Baked Garlic Curry Fries | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking This is the main page for her low fat recipies Low Fat | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking

I expect you've been doing lots of googling and finding out lots but just in case you have missed this very useful forum, here is a link http://www.veganforum.com/forums/forum.php

And HERE is where to look up wine and beer and cider to check it's vegan Barnivore: your vegan wine, beer, and liquor guide

Wishing you well for your weight loss and transition to a vegan lifestyle.

......... double posting deleted

Last edited:
Hi,

I read your sig and found you :) Cheese and dairy generally really are addictive and if you have managed to do without it you are doing really well. I think that being vegan on SW is pretty easy but I've been doing it for years, it's a bit of a nuisance that the vegan cheese alternatives stopped being a HX but I doubt that anyone who can remember what real cheese is like would enjoy them. I've got a book with recipes fermenting blended cashews to make a cheese alternative that looks good but I've not tried any yet. The reviews say that people who like dairy have liked these so I am eager to try them on my family. My poor consultant - I've left her with what I suspect could be a HXB - a tofu ready smoked and combined with almonds and sesame seeds and will get her to find out about wheat gluten for my next batch of seitan - to get her to work out fermented cashews and rejuvalac ... like I said, poor woman to have someone who eats such weird stuff in her class.

I think someone pointed you at Susan Voisin's blog FatFree Vegan Kitchen | Sinlessly Delicious Recipes but of course some of her ingredients have to be synned. There is also a recipe book called Appetite for Reduction that has a very good reputation. The author, Isa Chandra, has a website and I've been looking there for you, these chips are like SW chips but sound a LOT better Baked Garlic Curry Fries | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking

This is the main page for her low fat recipies Low Fat | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking

I expect you've been doing lots of googling and finding out lots but just in case you have missed this very useful forum, here is a link http://www.veganforum.com/forums/forum.php

And HERE is where to look up wine and beer and cider to check it's vegan Barnivore: your vegan wine, beer, and liquor guide

Wishing you well for your weight loss and transition to a vegan lifestyle.

Thankyou SO much for that!! Brilliant advice.and thanks for the websites! I will subscribe to Ur diary too :) its a work in progress ! Day.5 of vegetarianism done hehe. My skin has cleared up! Wonder if it was the meat? Cos im still having some dairy (using up butter and having milk Whist out the house...not sure how to overcome this one?!)

Thankyou again !! Xx

Back