1ounce self raising flour(4 1/2 syns)
4 tablespoons granulated sweetener
1 tbs desecated coconut(4 1/2 syns)
6 glace cherrys(3 syns)
2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
TOPPING
1/2 tub quark, 3 tbs sweetner.

Whisk up egg whites until stiff.
in a separtae bowl whisk egg yolks with coconut flavouring and 4 tbs of sweetner then add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.
Next add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when all flour has been added then add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.
Pour into a small tin sprayed with frylight & bake in the oven on 180 for about 10 to 12 mins or until golden & firm to the touch.
Take out of the oven, leave to cool, when cool mix the quark and 3tbs sweetner together and spread onto cake, then sprinkle on the coconut and decorate with the cherrys :p

6415_118276160666_528245666_2769039_6697530_n.jpg

cake

hi there , that luks lvli, half hr ago i just tuk the lemon cake out of the oven !! that was gorgueos, wen thats gon i try this one ... lvli !!!

That sounds really yummy.
Is cococut flavoring available everywhere? Would I be able to get it in a supermarket?

waitrose or some bigger tesco's should stock it. My mum gave me mine!!! :)

i am the same as you with quark perhaps fat free greek yoghurt would be better choice as its thicker

I dont see no reason why the vlf fromage frais or the yog shouldnt work. :)

this looks amazing!!! cant wait to give this ago!! you could try topping the top with fresh strawberries instead of the cherries to save a few syns :)

These look good, must admit I don't like glacé cherries, so that will save me 3syns
Need to keep an eye out for coconut essence - not seen any locally so far, been looking for a while, long before I found this post....thanks for the recipe & piccies

I completely forgot to get the coconut essence so I just put another tablespoon of the dessicated coconut in the mixture and added syns - haven't tasted it yet though!

just had a little google and there is a cople of places online where you can get the coconut essence xx

Back