Coconut oil

kittiecat

Hi
Does anyone know if coconut oil is allowed on induction and if so where to buy it from.
Also wondered if any things like soy or worchester sauce are allowed or nam pla...just looking for things to add abit of flavour to meals

Hiya, coconut oil should be fine as there's no carbs. I get mine from the coconut oil company.co.uk it's premium virgin which is the best kind apparently. I am unsure about soy or worcester but you could check the label in a supermarket, salt content might stall some people.:)

I use a little bit of worcester sometimes in meatballs.....

I'm sat here now with my head wrapped in a plastic bag and a towel...covered in coconut oil....haha....same one I use for cooking too....its good stuff...the 'refined' has no smell or taste FYI. The 'virgin' is very sweet and fragrant...probably not the best for savoury dishes.

Thanks guys :)
I actually wouldnt mind trying the sweet one...as i am trying to find an alternative way to make thai green curry as im addicted to the stuff...so wonder if this oil might help at all.
Wow didnt know you could use it on your hair that sounds fab...will have to try this.

I use it as a general moisturiser now....great at hydrating....even on your face! No clogged pores...sweet!!!

I couldnt find the coconutoilcompany.co.uk, it just comes up with web address not found, could you send me a link on here to it maybe.

Ooooo that sounds good to as a mosturiser on your face, so many uses for this stuff

I couldnt find the coconutoilcompany.co.uk, it just comes up with web address not found, could you send me a link on here to it maybe.

Ooooo that sounds good to as a mosturiser on your face, so many uses for this stuff

The website I use is www.coconutoil.co.uk. It should come up when you google - can't understand why it doesn't.

If you just google coconut oil uk sites will come up.

Coconut oil is great! So versatile.

doh...no wonder i couldnt find it..i was typing in the coconuyoilcompany.co.uk instead silly me

thanks for all the help with this you guys :)

Have you read up on the benefits of eating three tbsp a day when doing low carb?? I am such an advocate for this the benefits are phenomenal!!! People have reported faster weighloss, and it's also known to kill off candida in the stomach over time. It gives you so much energy due to the medium chain tryglycerides. It really is a wonder product. The kind you need is extra virgin cold pressed or expeller pressed coconut oil... If it doesn't say that on it then it's not as good :)

Yes i have been reading up about it tf, i also heard that you musnt buy the hydrogenated one either as its very bad for you like polyoils
I did read about people losing weight quicker aswell when using this as an oil instead - rushes off to the shop to buy a pallette load :p

Yep it has to be the extra virgin stuff not refined in any way :) it's expensive but worth it I think.

Well ive just ordered to different kinds to try after doing some more research on it, and wowwww it defo isnt cheap, but hope it will be worth it in the long run.
Cant wait to try it as a mosturiser and hair softener oh and in food aswell lol...apparently some people eat it straight from the jar so i have read :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've been eating it straight from the jar... It gives you so much energy I was like a storm in a teacup this morning, it's yummy. I buy the nutiva brand extra virgin kind it's delish.

Thats the one ive bought aswell tf as loads of people were raving on about how good it tastes, i also bought one called the garden of life aswell, but have heard really good reviews about a one called baleans i think its called
Do you find it helps with weight loss then ???
And does t actually taste like coconut when you fry stuff in it ?

I never use it to fry stuff I just eat it lol it's way to tasty to be frying with lol I can imagine it tasting a bit coconutty though. It was the reviews of nutiva that made me buy it too, and I wasn't disappointed coz it's delish. But I haven't tried any other ones yet, so let me know how the garden of life one compares. I reckon it has sped up my weight loss a bit... I am almost 2 pounds down this week and I usually only manage 1. It makes you feel so hyper tho like you have so much energy,my
Fiancé had to tell me to get out the car this morning coZ i was buzzing lol

I never use it to fry stuff I just eat it lol it's way to tasty to be frying with lol I can imagine it tasting a bit coconutty though. It was the reviews of nutiva that made me buy it too, and I wasn't disappointed coz it's delish. But I haven't tried any other ones yet, so let me know how the garden of life one compares. I reckon it has sped up my weight loss a bit... I am almost 2 pounds down this week and I usually only manage 1. It makes you feel so hyper tho like you have so much energy,my
Fiancé had to tell me to get out the car this morning coZ i was buzzing lol

It wouldn't surprise me to find that the coconut oil sped up your weight loss. It can be very hard to fathom how extra fat when low-carbing hastens weight loss but it so often does!

Keep up the good work.

Back