Coffee with BL

slendablenda

Gold Member
This morning I went to meet BL. It was lovely to see her again, only the second time since her Mum passed away.
We sat in a lovely peaceful park near where she lives, walked a little, talked a little and then we went to a cafe. It turned out to be a beautiful day, the sun shone and the sea sparkled.
This afternoon I found myself sitting outside a different cafe with my OH drinking coffee again. Didn't do half the things I intended. hey ho! However I have got some Christmas Chutney bubbling away using some of the apples from my Bramley tree. Tomorrow I'm going to make Pear and Cranberry Chutney for Christmas presents.
BL has computer problems at the moment so can't be on here much, but she hasn't forgotten everyone.
Let's hope Sunday is another lovely day.

ooooooooh chutney :) now that is a good idea, would you send me the recipe please? I am on a bit of a tight budget this year so I could do that too, my nanna used to make it, I usually do cakes and pudds but I am not doing them this year obviously as I cant induldge! I have to tell you that your pictures inspire me everyday - Thank you for posting them

Thanks Sandra for your comments. It was people's before and afters that made me think I might be able to do it too.
I just use a basic apple chutney recipe. There are loads on the internet. I use dark brown sugar and add ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon - loads - as well as some sultanas and currants.
You could add dried cranberries too although they are expensive and the red colour turns brown as the chutney cooks. You could stir them in as you put it in the jars. Now is a good time to make it as it has time to mature before Christmas and people are giving apples away.
I didn't get to make the pear one today because it was so sunny. I had paperwork to do this morning and then had problems with my printer so by 3p.m we decided to go for a walk by the beach and then have a coffee overlooking the water. I think OH knew it would have the desired effect of calming me down.
Aren't we lucky to be having these few bonus days of lovely weather - hope you are too.

awww SB thats ovely that you met BL, please give her my love x

Back