coffee with milk?

mollydog1308

Hi everyone.
I've been doing really well but last night a group of mum's were waiting on our kids and one mum brought a flask of coffee. She had mine poured with milk before i knew it and there wasn't a pot plant in sight to tip it in so I drank it. I'm hoping so much that it won't have done any damage or knock out of ketosis.
If it doesn't knock me out, how many can i have in a day or week. I don't drink much or strong coffee but boy did I enjoy that one last night. x

If you are on SS+ you are allowed milk every day. Not much, but enough for a coffee or two! I had to have milk in tea and coffee when I was on CD. I cannot drink either, happily, without.

One cup wont knock u out chick. Hope u enjoyed it ;) x

I am on SS, I have 3 pkts a day. This is the 3rd time in about 13months I have done this diet.

I have an awful lot of weight to loose. After ONE day I am in ketosis.

My CDC said on my very first visit to her, if I want tea with a splash of skimmed milk (protein) to have it. I must drink as much water as I can though!

It has never prevented me being in or taken me out of ketosis. EVER. And I alway drink at least 2 cups a day! Hows that sound! You are safe with 1 cup of coffee! The only thing I do differently if Im really paranoid is drink decafe because big quantities of caffeine can knock you out!

Keep going! You're doing great! xxx

sapphirestara said:
I am on SS, I have 3 pkts a day. This is the 3rd time in about 13months I have done this diet.

I have an awful lot of weight to loose. After ONE day I am in ketosis.

My CDC said on my very first visit to her, if I want tea with a splash of skimmed milk (protein) to have it. I must drink as much water as I can though!

It has never prevented me being in or taken me out of ketosis. EVER. And I alway drink at least 2 cups a day! Hows that sound! You are safe with 1 cup of coffee! The only thing I do differently if Im really paranoid is drink decafe because big quantities of caffeine can knock you out!

Keep going! You're doing great! xxx

I had no idea caffeine could knock u out? I live on coffee and drink it like mud!! As in 2 spoons per cup :( eek! Are u positive it can have that effect?

Dont worry I'm on ss and have
Milk every day . Doesn't effect me .

I think anyway..............

I had no idea caffeine could knock u out? I live on coffee and drink it like mud!! As in 2 spoons per cup :( eek! Are u positive it can have that effect?

The only reason I know that is because my other half did atkins. It does in massive amounts because caffeine is a sugar (I think) but I never have any issue with it! Its only when Im paranoid and cba to buy decaf and reg tea/coffee!!!

If its never made a difference, dont worry! Im exactly the same with citric acid! Never knew about it, drank flavoured fizzy water (1l a day) and still lost loads last time round!! Am avoiding it after what I've read on these threads, but if Im realistic I know I need the fluids and I know it feels like a treat to have something low cal and tasty and if it makes no difference to me or my ketosis then I'll carry on!! lol thats the prob, every one is different, and I have much more to loose then some people and I think the bigger you are, the more you can get away with initially because you may loose more straight off. If you're younger too, metabolism wise!

Thanks hun, I vaguely remember atkins stopping coffee but don't remember why. I seem to be ok, but maybe Id be better with less caffeine if that makes sense? Personally I don't understand people when they say 'a, b or c' didn't or doesn't affect losses, as if u hadn't had 'a, b or c' how would u differentiate?! If that makes sense? Not that I'm having a go at u re: citric acid, I mean mayo, the odd bite or nibble etc... Anyway, I don't wanna get too deep. And thanku, I will see if I can find some decent decaff for the remainder of my journey. And good luck for u on urs xxx

I drink decaf, too, always. And I also had milk in tea and coffee when I was on CD! I needed it and it didn't seem to have an adverse effect on losses.

Oh, only by comparing what I did 1st, 2nd and this time in terms of what I lost and what I did differently...citric acid is mind blowing. Caffeine never made a blind bit of difference, but it was only 2-4 cups of tea.....it is different for everyone and in terms of what knocks you out and mayo/odd bite etc, its where you draw the line. Stuff isnt allowed on the diet becuase it mean its doesnt work optimally for the majority of people..... the odd bite or nibble might be fine but, some people (me) cant stop and cant get back on the wagon when they have a nibble!! Sad but true!! Hence Im so sad about today.

I cant imagine, looking at your weight loss that decafe is going to make a massive impact, talk to your CDC and she'll probably say Im crazy for regurgitating rubbish and confusing my diets!!! Decafe is good from a not keeping you awake point of view.

So to conclude my ramblings! A little skimmed milk is ok, and a little caffeine also ok, just not like red bull caffeine!

Good luck!!! x

girlygirl1 said:
I drink decaf, too, always. And I also had milk in tea and coffee when I was on CD! I needed it and it didn't seem to have an adverse effect on losses.

Thanks girly, I'm going to get some for work tmw. I'm in by 6 so I will limit myself to 2 mean cups before decaffin for the day :D x

Thanks again sapphire. I'm going to try it and see what happens. Totally agree with the nibble thing. That is also me. Silliness really. My cdc told me I don't have to move up from ss+ so I don't think she'll have a scooby about caffeine sadly. I'll try it anyway, defo worth its weight for quality sleepio :) thanks chick x

thank you for the replies. I'm drinking my 2.5 litres of water a day but boy did that coffee taste good so i'm looking forward to one tonight instead of a bottle of wine!
Have a good day everyone.
M x

Mmmm wine!

Back