Coffee

chic81

Hiya peeps
Have been lurking for the past week and started on Monday.
I have been doing ts but have also had a couple of eggs and few slices of ham so not 100%
Have been drinking blk coffee but did a bit of research on Ketosisabd says about it being de-caff- will it effect if its not de-caff.
Thanks x

It doesn't have to be decaff. But I know what you mean, in the past when I have done low carb diets, the recommendation was to stick to decaff, some people are sensitive to caffeine because caffeine can affect the blood sugar and hence throw some ppl out of ketosis. But I think it's a matter of personal trial and error. If you stick to plan and struggle with weight loss, maybe give decaff a go. I've never had a problem having caffeine and getting into ketosis.

I looked into this the other day because someone posted that caffeine isnt allowed on Atkins, but there's no real proof that it makes any difference and Exante allow it. It certainly doesn't affect my losses, I have black coffee everyday and a spoonful of instant in my vanilla shakes.

I couldn't live without my black coffee on this diet!! It warms me up and spurs me on to wait til my next pack =)

I drink my black coffee every single day and mixed with my vanilla and chocolate shakes and it hasn't affected my losses at all! It just makes this diet bearable lol.

I'm so glad you can use the vanilla shake in coffee. I'm a bit of a coffee addict (especially good home brewed filter coffee) and I would normally have it either with whole milk or even a spoonful of cream coz that's how I like it best. So switching from that to black has been quite hard.

My coffee machine is sitting sadly in the corner of my kitchen gathering dust. I like my coffee totally milky and would have 2 costa lattes a day. I've tried black coffe yuck! I've tried the vanilla shake in my coffee Double yuck! Im missing my coffee more than chocolate and all those naughty things

Thanks for ur replys just going to stick with the normal coffee. I had a bad day yesterday and had real food and bad real food too!! So bk on today and struggling so my loss isn't going to be great now for wi on Monday. Ooop still struggling so having a good read of post for some determination! X

Back