Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Hey Roo, good to see you back!

No actually, I wish wine loved me! :D

Does it not agree with you Pog? What do you drink for alcohol?

Food not so good over the weekend. Calories not too bad but but too much bread and potatoes :( gained 2lbs but not too concerned will get rid of it when I start eating normally.

Working 6 days in a row so no exercise this week but back to it at the weekend.

Got an early birthday pressie from my lovely hubby a polar watch with some accessories. Looks complicated -going to look at it tonight and get it ready. Think the first thing I have to do is lay down for 8 minutes to set it. No problem there lol.

Going to see a few crime/mystery writers this weekend at a festival near me called 'Bloody Scotland' Really looking forward to it and having the weekend off!

xx

I don't drink any alcohol at the moment Val. When I was at uni I used to drink a lot of everything but they always made me throw up even if it wasn't that much. I'd get sick before I got drunk and my arms and legs would feel really heavy and achey so I got fed up and didn't drink for about 7 years. Then when I joined my current company I started drinking again cos they like to go out! I managed to find out I was ok with some white rum (Bacardi, Malibu etc), sambuca (not anymore tho), some spirits and ales but I wasn't even a casual drinker. Too worried about feeling ill. No wine, no beer, none of the normal stuff people like - they just don't like me.

Then last year I broke out in hives on 2 Malibu & oranges and was sick on 2 Jaegar bombs (which I was fine with before) so I stopped again and haven't had a drink for over a year now.

Having said that, beer in Belgium and Germany are ok with me. It must be chemicals they put in normal drinks here that cause problems. Whatever it is I came to the conclusion that it's just not worth it :( I'm not bothered anyway, people think I'm drunk even when I'm sober lol x

Hiya val - pressie and festival both sounds good:)

3 days without internet and 6 days at work in a row! Vodka martini welded to my hand. :( Someone was trimming the hedges and cut into the lines :( had to laugh though.

Feeling really nervous about the referendum. Can't bear the thought and have no idea what's going to happen. :/

I don't drink any alcohol at the moment Val. When I was at uni I used to drink a lot of everything but they always made me throw up even if it wasn't that much. I'd get sick before I got drunk and my arms and legs would feel really heavy and achey so I got fed up and didn't drink for about 7 years. Then when I joined my current company I started drinking again cos they like to go out! I managed to find out I was ok with some white rum (Bacardi, Malibu etc), sambuca (not anymore tho), some spirits and ales but I wasn't even a casual drinker. Too worried about feeling ill. No wine, no beer, none of the normal stuff people like - they just don't like me.

Wow I've heard there are those that are allergic to alcohol. Sambuca is heavy duty! lol can't drink it. What about vodka it's quite pure.

How's the boy doing back in the states val? Or should I ask how you're doing without him?!

He's doing really well this year Lisa. A few good friends and his own space. I'm happy knowing he's happy. :)

so happy to have a few days to myself. Have a good weekend everyone. xx

Delighted you got the result you wanted. Isn't it wonderful when kids are happy.

Ugh been on a bad carb binge even for me. Can't stop stuffing myself with bread of all kinds. Working lots and exercising less not a good combination. Going to do a 'walk with leslie' today and use my heart rate monitor and the itreadmill to see how they compare. Just a 2 mile one as had a bit too much wine catching up with a friend yesterday. Gentle start. lol.

Will catch up on dairies today. x

Results- 30 minutes or 2 miles of walk with leslie sansone - really low impact aerobics as your doing aerobic moves. Love having the hrm makes me feel motivated. Will record and adjust the hrm result using mfp activity but hrm calorie burn.

HRM- 133 calories
itreadmill 113
mfp 142

Last edited:
Hello ladies. September was rubbish for food, drink and exercise but October is off to a better start.

Loving my HRM it's great for seeing what I'm doing with weight workouts. Burned 238 cal in 30 minutes with weights and very little cardio (my Kelly workout) and 142 cal for 30 minutes of low impact aerobics and non stop moving, finding it all really interesting. Got a kettlebell workout with Kelly arriving this month and look forward to it.

Worked a lot of 8 hour days rushed off my feet lately and realize I'm just too old for it and get a 'work hangover' - feel like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards the next day, fuzzy 'hangover feeling' and aching restless legs during the night. Hate the aging process :(

Tonight will have a vodka martin and a little wine with my Strictly. Admire the hell out of everyone doing the sober October but can't manage it. Also will be jealous of their weight loss results at the end of the month. Hope you all have a good weekend. xx

Ive been far too busy for exercise these days so well done for keeping it up.

Couldnt do sober october. Im too much of an alcoholic lol. Im impressed Lisa.

Wow well done so far Lisa. I'm not even attempting it. Think I'll do january instead ;)

September was tough for good and vino in our household too, missing the boy very much! :(
Hoping I can get back on the wagon during October!

Wow so quiet here lately. I'm still doing low cal.

Lost a couple of pounds but the exercise is really toning so clothes fit better. It's just keeping it up that's usually my problem.

Just ordered the Nutri Ninja 900 from QVC today (tsv) for a good price. Looks great and I've seen some demonstrations on youtube. The good think about QVC is you can send it back. I know it's more of a smoothie thing than an extractor (which sits in the kitchen collecting dust) but Vicky loves hers and seems to do a good job with no mess. I can't be spending half an hour cleaning a juicer.

Hope everyone is well. :)

Yeah it's the same thing I think. You just chuck it all in. Ginger skin doesn't blend up that well though but rinsing is easy! Let me know how you get on. I bought some books but haven't don't that well reading them lol xx

Back