Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Hiya!

I'm back again, nice to see a familiar face x.

Interesting to see how you get on with the widget x.

Hey Val, how's the smoothie thing going? Has it arrived yet? x

Hi Pog. It arrived today and I LOVE IT! You just chuck everything and whizz away. It doesn't extract juice but just blitzes everything together so you get the fiber with it. I made a carrot, cucumber, celery, tomato, apple, onion and parsley one and it was great. No chunks and very smooth and thick. I made my hubby a banana, apple and cinnamon one. Just one container to clean. So easy and delish. You can make dips with it too.

Are you still juicing Pog? x

Oohh sounds cool! Interesting combo you got there, onion? lol

Yes I'm still juicing but not all the time. I made an orange, carrot, beetroot and ginger juice for today and it was soooo good. I've got to stop eating crap tho, maybe what little juicing I'm doing is keeping me from ballooning!

Are you planning to do the smoothie thing every day/every meal? What's the plan? x

Oooh that sounds lush. I'll definitely use it everyday. I'll prob have one when I come home for work in ealy afternoon instead of crisps or a biscuit and maybe a banana, peanut butter & almond milk one for breakfast. Lol I love onion. Just realized I could mix the one I made today with vodka for a 'healthy' bloody mary. :)

hey val - juicer sounds interesting, extremely healthy, convenient and yes much better than crisps and biscuits!

Have a fab day x.

We ran out of oil so no heat, hot water or cooker. Not happy however can still use my ninja. Just discovered that myrecipes.com now has a button connected to mfp so if you find a recipe on the site there is a mfp 'log it' button or you can save it- great feature.

Dark & rainy so a day in I think. x

Hi Val
How are you? Hope all is well x
I had my big 50 birthday, best present was my boy came home for the weekend! He is loving uni, made some lovely friends and looks really happy and well, so i'm a happy mom! Xx

Glad he's enjoying it and it does make you feel so much better doesn't it. It's very quiet here. Where is everyone? I've had my gallbladder out so not dieting at all just eating what I fancy

Hi Lisa, it does seem quiet, has everyone disappeared?
Hope you are ok after your op, look after yourself x

I'm wondering what Lisa's first drink will be?

Exercised until I dropped yesterday burned over 400 cal and gained 1lb? That doesn't usually happen but could have been a high sodium day. Really want to lose 7lbs before Christmas but considering I've been the same weight for almost 2 years could be I'm at my natural weight? Enjoying my food though and at least I'm not gaining and clothes are fitting better.

Decided to have a cheat day today and maybe eat a bit less carbs next week. Still will include all good carbs just less of them.

Looks like a lovely day here but lots of housework beckons. x

What exercise are you doing? Natural weight sounds good !

Yesterday I did a weight/cardio workout (kelly coffey meyer) level 2 of 30 day shred and a core dancing. Really enjoyed and like doing different workouts. I hear resistance bands are very good but never tried them.

Are you still going to the gym Vicky?

Yesterday I did a weight/cardio workout (kelly coffey meyer) level 2 of 30 day shred and a core dancing. Really enjoyed and like doing different workouts. I hear resistance bands are very good but never tried them.

Are you still going to the gym Vicky?

I have the kelly coffer one, its very good and no impossible moves!

Sounds good. Resistance Bands are great. I'm running and doing Crossfit :)

Hmm so quiet here lately. I'm not low carbing that's why I don't update a lot. Still low cal and was doing tons of exercise and loving it but I lost my exercise mojo :(

Had been doing the kettlebell workout, weights, yoga and even running! I know if I don't start up again soon I'll lose my motivation. I dropped a dress size by toning up and not losing any weight so I know it works.

Bought the book Susie recommended and its really good. Kind of like carb cycling. Two days of low carb (50 grams a day) and other 5 days a Mediterranean type diet. This way of eating suits me and I like that all the authors proceeds go to Genesis breast cancer prevention. I got it on sale from Amazon for £6.00. I should say I bought the cook book not the diet book and it does explain the plan in the cookbook. They also have a website with free info. Will give it a go but maybe not before Christmas.

My boy comes home 2 weeks from Sunday and I can't wait to see him!

Just booked up to go to Chicago for a week when he finishes uni in May for the summer and then we'll go to the east coast to see my parents and family for a couple of weeks. Something to look forward to. :)

It doesnt matter that you arent Low Carbing!!! I am sure we all want to hear from you :) I wonder if many people have lost their MoJo? I think I have found it again, so I hope the others will too. Cor, you've been doing loads of work on yourself. You must be in good shape! Yes, I have learnt that the cookbooks explain the diet, so, its probably better to always go for that. I hope you enjoy the diet when you try it. I have so many diet books on my kindle now. Some I paid for, some were free. A lot are Paleo, but I cant get my head round 'no dairy', so every toime I consider giving it a go, I balk at it and return to thinking Low Carb. But that book you mention sounds good and I was thinking maybe later I will do the odd paleo day as a way of carb cycling (got to justify getting all these books.....).

You must be bursting to see your son. How long will he be with you? Precious time. I have been to Chicago for a week. Not as a tourist. My husband was working there for the last time, and asked if I'd like to go. WOULD I??!!!! Oh yesss, we stayed in Shaumberg. We did the tourist bit for 2 days then I winged it. -We were in walking distance of Woodfield Mall :) So, I was there 3 or 4 times during that week. I would love to go back and spend more time seeing the city, but also touring around, San Fran possibly.

Keep us posted when you begin with that book. Maybe by then everyone will be back and buzzing again :)

Yay to your son coming home soon, bet you can't wait . My boy comes home next week and will be here for a month, can't wait to have him around the house, it's so quiet here without him. My Daughter is getting excited so excited to be having her brother home .
Your holiday sounds lovely, something to really look forward to x

Aww will be so nice to have your boy home Sandra and so cute your daughter is excited too. My boy comes home a week today and so excited to see him. He dropped a bombshell on Tues. He's not going back in January we were shocked as he said a few weeks ago he was definitely going back. He's half way through third year and said he just doesn't know what he wants to do in life but he wants to be a writer and knows he doesn't really need a degree for that. He also knows he needs a job and do his writing on the side. As it's so expensive he feels it's a waste of money to continue. He wants to come home for a year get driving license, get a job and go back to the US in 2016 and either finish uni or get a job. Of course I've book his return tickets and mine for May so a real mess and could cost lots. Have asked for a refund and waiting to hear but airlines are not know for being the most cooperative with refunds and to change tickets will cost a fortune. Think he just needs some family support he's done well moving to the US at 17 on his own not knowing anyone so we are proud of him.

Tree is up and a day in doing house work. Miserable cold but on the mend.

Hope everyone is doing well. xx

Wow Val , your boy sounds as though he has given it all some serious thought, very mature approach. You will support him through his decision making I am sure. Sometimes they need some family time when making such decisions , I'm sure it will all work out well xx

Back