Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Good on you Sammy for joining a gym. I'm thinking about it too and would really like to but I'm a 20 min drive away though so a consideration with price of petrol. :)

Yippee back to posted weight, so 3lb loss this week. Keeping 1350-1400 cal a day and not hungry at all. Really happy this week.

We have gale force winds and snow so a proper blizzard. Thank goodness I did a food shop after work last night and have enough wine too.

Off this weekend and not going anywhere. Have a good weekend everyone x :)

Woohoo :party0019:

Well done hun that's a great loss :)

Excellent weekend plan - I'm going to do the same, stay inside and READ. Gosh just think of all the reading I can do once I move...bliss :D

Hi Val,

Well done on your 3lb loss.. CC seems to suit you.

I've been following your diary for quite a while now. Like you I have tried every diet known to man! Think we tried Atkins & JUDDing at the same time. In the past Atkins worked very well for me but I just don't seem able to stick with it for more than a couple of days now. I've been contemplating joining WW's again but seeing your success on CC I think I'll give that another go from Monday.

A calorie allowance of 1350 - 1400 seems do-able. Do you restrict any type of foods? The very popular calorie tracker suggests I have a cal allowance of 1200 but I think I'll allow myself slightly more. Ideally I would like to put a couple of fasts (for the health benefits) into the week when I get into the swing of CCing.

My weight is a major issue for me now & I cannot face the thought of going through summer like this.

Thanks for giving me the inspiration to get back on the wagon.

TJ x

Thanks Susie, ML, Sandra and Wobbles. Looks like we're all on a roll :D

I use this calculator Wobbles- Calorie Calculator - Scooby's Home Workouts

You can use the calories based on your goal, but I lowered it by about 100 so try to keep within 1350 a day. If I go over it's fine though.

Yes 1200 is too low. Here is another site I found on MFP and found useful: Eat More 2 Weigh Less | Take your life back, one meal at a timeEat More 2 Weigh Less | Take your life back, one meal at a time

and another that helps explain the 1200 calorie myth.

When is 1200 calories appropriate? (hint: almost never) | MyFitnessPal.com

These sites have helped me tremendously as I was in 1200 calorie mode and felt tired and rubbish. It was only when OH mentioned the same It clicked for me and I started my research. I started to feel so much better and lose weight when I upped my calories.

I don't restrict anything, but don't have a sweet tooth. I do find when I keep my carbs to 120-100 grams a day and eat more 'real food' I do lose more. It's difficult though (love my crisps) but I'm enjoying eating again and have a much healthier relationship with food.

Are you on MFP?

Let me know how you get on x

Last edited:
Well done on the loss, the science bit is beyond my mental capabilities at the moment, but I do know whether my cals come from carbs or any other source does make a difference to my weight loss.

Hi coffee lover,

just wanted to say hello and tell you I've enjoyed reading your diary. Hope you are well?

good to hear it arrived Susie. I'm going to get some disc tomorrow and hopefully will have some of my books to you before the weekend. x

Didn't have any wine this weekend (I made it!) I had a peak this morning, I didn't gain, but didn't lose either. However I ate loads and hopefully will have a loss on Friday. No wine again this weekend.

Wow good girl, that's very disciplined - but it's the only way to do this properly :eek:

No worries with the disks, they are just back ups. I'm having a lovely time with the kindle freebies, at last count I'd downloaded 340! A few are rubbish but at a cost of £0.00, who cares! :) If you get the kindle app on your phone or puter you can instantly download books, and I use a couple of free kindle websites - pm me if you want to know what they are :)

Lost 2lbs this week. Really happy but unfortunately drank wine but didn't eat much at dinner on Saturday and Sunday. Still a loss with wine is always good.

Ticker doesn't seem to be updating, so maybe this post will sort it out.

grrr didn't work but stats are correct even if ticker is not.

Well done Val, it's going in the right direction :)

Hello Val, how are you? I hope all is well with you. I'm a bit all over the place foodwise but somehow have managed not to put too much on considering!
Will be catching up with diaries , take care x

Back