Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Val, I'd love to see a break down of whAt you Re eating. 5lb is an amazing kick start for anyone stuck in a rut. Well done! You never know, it may keep up even if at a slightly slower rate but it sounds like you've got good control to stick t out :)

Coffeelover's up & down diary

Wow! 5lbs! Well done Hun, must feel good to finally get out of a stall (and with a bang to).

Well...all these fancy new diets....you with rice...Moonlights SB...I feel out of tune with the all the new Woes of the world, lol.

Good luck anyway, I'm sure you'll be looking fab for your hols xx

UGH just logged in and replied to your post, and lost it all as it said I wasn't logged in???? I wouldn't have been able to do my post if I wasn't logged in.

Maybe the Atkins thread didn't like my rice diet post lol.

Will try again later to give you an idea what I'm eating.

Did you try hitting the back button till you got back to where you were when you posted, you might be surprised..... Then you can copy and once you ARE logged in, paste it. ;)

Coffeelover's up & down diary

Wow that loss is amaze balls! Can't see it working for me as I'm to avoid rice etc :0(

Thanks Busy, I know seems we're all deviating a bit this time of year. The rice diet is an old one from 1939.

Did you try hitting the back button till you got back to where you were when you posted, you might be surprised..... Then you can copy and once you ARE logged in, paste it. ;)

I tried the back button, but no luck. As soon as I pressed post quick reply it said I wasn't logged in? But it won't let you start writing a post unless your logged in crazy?

Anyhow I eat a tweaked version of the Rice diet. It's also a fairly low calorie diet, although other than the first day, I haven't been starving. The first day of every week is supposed to be rice or porridge and fruit for all three meals. I really don't know if I could do that but maybe for one day?

For breakfast I have 1/2 cup porridge, a small tub of total 0% fat yogurt, 1 cup of fruit and espresso with a tiny amount of double cream (not giving that one up)
For lunch I have a cup of brown rice a 1/3 cup of beans with 3 cups of raw veg or 1 and 1/2 cups of cooked veg like broccoli etc.
For dinner I have a huge salad with cooked chicken or fish, 2 tablespoons of prepared salad dressing (not low fat) and veg on the side like green beans or bns. It should really be the same as lunch, but I need a my protein at least once a day.

I know I won't continue to lose like this but a 2lbs a week would be nice.

Another hot sunny day here and I'm actually inside to cool off. Who would have guessed it. lol

Have a good day and weekend everyone xx

Thanks Busy, I know seems we're all deviating a bit this time of year. The rice diet is an old one from 1939.

I tried the back button, but no luck. As soon as I pressed post quick reply it said I wasn't logged in? But it won't let you start writing a post unless your logged in crazy?

Anyhow I eat a tweaked version of the Rice diet. It's also a fairly low calorie diet, although other than the first day, I haven't been starving. The first day of every week is supposed to be rice or porridge and fruit for all three meals. I really don't know if I could do that but maybe for one day?

For breakfast I have 1/2 cup porridge, a small tub of total 0% fat yogurt, 1 cup of fruit and espresso with a tiny amount of double cream (not giving that one up)
For lunch I have a cup of brown rice a 1/3 cup of beans with 3 cups of raw veg or 1 and 1/2 cups of cooked veg like broccoli etc.
For dinner I have a huge salad with cooked chicken or fish, 2 tablespoons of prepared salad dressing (not low fat) and veg on the side like green beans or bns. It should really be the same as lunch, but I need a my protein at least once a day.

I know I won't continue to lose like this but a 2lbs a week would be nice.

Another hot sunny day here and I'm actually inside to cool off. Who would have guessed it. lol

Have a good day and weekend everyone xx

morning Val, the diet sounds rice :)

i am with you, can't give the coffee and cream up...oh no. It would be great if you could keep that loss up throughout....imagine..aww brilliant. You never know though :)

Morning Val

Well done on your loss, fantastic! Rice diet sounds interesting and tasty, will be reading your diary with great interest. Enjoy the sunshine, long may it last :)

Morning all, lovely day here and may do some gardening.

After the 5lb loss I've been the same for 3 days now. I know it's realistic now to even out, but I loved seeing the scales move everyday. I did go off plan over the weekend, I still kept my cals low and ate a couple of meals a day on plan. I found the most wonderful bread that doesn't affect me. I have to cut it out for a few days though as overdid a bit. It's a bakery made wholegrain sourdough.

Anyhow back to the plan properly for rest of the week.

xx

Morning Val, I think it's normal to go off plan for a bit, but luckily for us we all have diet ingrained in us so we never slip too far.. Does make sense? That's how I feel anyway.

I love the idea of the rice diet and I think now that I'm eating different for life anyway I'm up for trying anything new that keeps weight down or off :) so swapsies games are on! It's fun, more fun than eating like a pig and gaining actually hehehe.

descaled my nespresso machine and the blummin yellow button is still showing so thinking of getting it sent off for a fix.

As for the weightloss, it is possible that you will have another whoosh before the weekend. I think some days we slow down so it doesn't show daily.

Morning Rice Girl,

Glad your doing well. Don't worry about the weekend, it's called living is'nt it?X I don't know how the woe works but sounds like you went off plan the sensible way and not by going nuts! Your losses will level out, its about overall loss from month to month (you don't need me to tell you that anyway ;-),).

sounds like everything is sound in coffee lover land xx.

Have a great one x.

Hi val

How are you? Are you still following the rice diet? We will be doing our annual trip to Scotland in a couple of weeks time, really looking forward to catching up with my old friend from uni. We usually go up to Loch Lomond and over to Arran, what part of Scotland are you in? ?

Hi Sandra, I'm doing Atkins atm. The rice diet was really good, but started to feel v bloated from the rice and carbs in general. Trying to lose at least a half stone more before holiday 3 weeks from today. However did manage half stone with rice diet and still going down so pleased with results. The trick is to get the carb levels right for me which I expect is about 50-100 so will experiment after my holiday. Think I may have to dig out the SB diet.

I remember your last holiday to Scotland- has it been a year!!!! We're about 1 hour from Glasgow and not too far from Loch Lomond Shores the little mini mall, have you been there? Never been to Arran, but heard wonderful things about it.

Hi Sandra, I'm doing Atkins atm. The rice diet was really good, but started to feel v bloated from the rice and carbs in general. Trying to lose at least a half stone more before holiday 3 weeks from today. However did manage half stone with rice diet and still going down so pleased with results. The trick is to get the carb levels right for me which I expect is about 50-100 so will experiment after my holiday. Think I may have to dig out the SB diet.

I remember your last holiday to Scotland- has it been a year!!!! We're about 1 hour from Glasgow and not too far from Loch Lomond Shores the little mini mall, have you been there? Never been to Arran, but heard wonderful things about it.

Hi Val,

nice to have you back in the Atkins camp :), be interesting to see how you do with the 1/4 stone, I'm desperately wanting to lose the same by 3weeks. X

Hi, interesting what you said about the rice diet, although you were losing weight you were still feeling bloated........just proves that too many carbs are just not good for us.

Hi, interesting what you said about the rice diet, although you were losing weight you were still feeling bloated........just proves that too many carbs are just not good for us.

Your certainly right. I think also that when you've stopped eating carbs and go back your a lot sensitive to them, where as if you would normally eat a carb loaded diet you probably have more tolerance.

Afternoon all, well July has been a strange month. I've weighed in everyday just to see how my different eating plans have taken me and it's really interesting. I've lost 7lbs since I started on July 7th. I started with the rice diet and then switched to low ish carb and then true induction for a few days. Interesting I didn't gain any weight when I switched from low carb to induction. Yesterday was in the 9's well 9 st 13, but today back to bang on 10.

I've gave into my carb craving today and not bothered about it too much. Had a bit of pasta salad, butter beans and pita chips. I'm doing a dance dvd and maybe that's why I craved carbs? Just going to go with the flow of my appetite and see how the week goes. Still going to keep calories and carbs reasonable though.

Probably worth mentioning I've had no alcohol at all since start of July. Interesting as I don't think I would have lost more than a couple of pounds if I had, if that, also helps I've completely gone off the taste of wine.

Will continue to weigh everyday until my holiday and experiment.

Have a good day will catch up with diaries later. x

Wow Val, the illusive 9s ;) you lucky duck! You beat me with flying colours!

I love that you are experimenting like this, it's just goes to show you are confident and focused. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing your experiment results :)

Back