Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Coffeelover's up & down diary

Hi Val well done on the 2lbs x. Are you doing south beach?

LOL at the vodka run and beanbag - I need one of those after wine. Not that I can remember the taste of wine at this stage!

Well done on the two pounds too! :D

Hi Val well done on the 2lbs x. Are you doing south beach?

Not doing SB Busy, just trying to keep calories and carbs at a decent level.

Has anyone heard of sober october? Lots at work doing this. I had a pretty much alcohol free summer and it was great,the problem is Strictly starts up again this weekend and it my birthday weekend. Really what's saturday night strictly without a drink and the other is I've put down for lots of extra hours at work for november and december, so really probably a sober november is a better option for me although it doesn't rhyme as nicely. If anyone wants to join in sober november, I'm doing it! Hopefully will lose a few more pounds before november. Really must work on when I have a drink, don't eat the contents of the crisp cupboard along with it!! x

Hiya CL! I'm definitely NOT doing this - have just had a sober July August and September! Good luck though. And anyway, someone has to keep Susie company, she gets lonely. :party0016:

Morning Val
Might join you on sober November, couldn't do October as my birthday and wedding anniversary so bound to fail ! I'm wandering about through different ways of eating, I seem to get bored! Considering slimming world yet again but won't join a group, wish I could make up my mind!!

Well done on an alcohol free july august and september waterworks! Oh Sandra I'm very much the same and I too thought about SW red days. Seems I start a new diet everyday day only to change the next. Going to the big coffee morning where there will be tons of temptations and out for tapas with friends tonight, but promise myself not to go overboard, that's my problem (no shut off button) x

Thinking it's got to be Atkins induction for me! I've lost 12 lbs since february so my report card reads: could do a lot better, not focused and easily distracted. I'm no good at resisting temptation so as of october 1st it's induction. Here's the thing: do you think I can keep it some days higher fat some days lower fat and still work? My stomach doesn't react well to lots of fat and that's when I chuck it. Really want to find a happy medium here and still do Atkins! Did I resist all the cakes at the big coffee morning? :( x

Oh CL yes do - do induction with me! I'm taking the weekend off because I won't be able to say no to fantastic food on offer, but Sunday bright and early I'll be on proper induction. Really want to lose a stone (before xmas if poss), and you've a similar amount to lose. I'm happy to do a little challenge and make it 'interesting' if you like... ;)

Hi Val, sober november sounds good and will defo help weight loss. Wheni was tracking it was really clear that even if i stayed legal on food, i ate more calories when drinking (and that's before counting boozy ones:eek:). So for me at least makes me eat extra.

I do think that you can go fairly easy on fat - i find it's often taste that's important rather than how much i get in my tum (iyswim). So a small piece of cheese for dessert can do a great job vs lots of cream or oil with the dish. Worth a go anyway:)

Oh CL yes do - do induction with me! I'm taking the weekend off because I won't be able to say no to fantastic food on offer, but Sunday bright and early I'll be on proper induction. Really want to lose a stone (before xmas if poss), and you've a similar amount to lose. I'm happy to do a little challenge and make it 'interesting' if you like... ;)

Great idea WW your on! Sunday it is. I've gained 3lbs since yesterday morning so enough is enough. Also going to start taking my digestive enzymes again, I always had a better loss and it may help to break down the fats. Going shopping today to stock up on Atkins friendly stuff and have to return some clothes that I look dreadful in :( On an up note Strictly starts tonight! x

Hi Val, sober november sounds good and will defo help weight loss. Wheni was tracking it was really clear that even if i stayed legal on food, i ate more calories when drinking (and that's before counting boozy ones:eek:). So for me at least makes me eat extra.

I do think that you can go fairly easy on fat - i find it's often taste that's important rather than how much i get in my tum (iyswim). So a small piece of cheese for dessert can do a great job vs lots of cream or oil with the dish. Worth a go anyway:)

Going to have a look over your diary Katie and get some motivation. x

Take a look at south beach val, low fat and low carb, definitely worth a try :)

I've got the SB supercharged collecting dust somewhere so will look at it Sandra, I like the idea of lower fat. x

hello :)
what are your digestive enzymes ?

I get them from Holland & Barrett. After a certain age our natural digestive enzymes are depleted. Enzymes break down fats, proteins and carbs. I swear by them, but some people say they're useless and don't work. I always have a better loss and feel less bloated when I take them. Guess it's a trial and error thing. I would only take them for a couple of months at a time. :)

I used to buy some really great ones that were labeled super strength but they stopped selling them. So I have 2 different ones now. One with and one without ox bile -blech. However in the reviews customers say they want the ones with ox bile and now they'll have to buy it separate? Must see what ox bile does?

Multi Enzyme Formula | Enzymes | Holland & Barrett

I'm up at 6 tomorrow morning and working a full day :( but have been off since tuesday so can't complain.

Enjoy your weekend everyone xx

I used to buy some really great ones that were labeled super strength but they stopped selling them. So I have 2 different ones now. One with and one without ox bile -blech. However in the reviews customers say they want the ones with ox bile and now they'll have to buy it separate? Must see what ox bile does?

Multi Enzyme Formula | Enzymes | Holland & Barrett

I'm up at 6 tomorrow morning and working a full day :( but have been off since wednesday so can't complain.

Enjoy your weekend everyone xx

Back