Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Hi Val, hope you had a great lunch:)

Feeling very blah today and don't know why. My boy is back at uni and seems to have settled well and likes his classes this semester so feel good about that. Been picking at food all day and can't believe how quickly it adds up. I shudder to think how much I ate over the holidays after not counting anything for so long. Can't be bothered making dinner so may just have a big bloody mary, they're very filling and don't feel like counting anything. Grumble

Hope your all having a good day. xx

Aww Coffeelover (((hugs))) we all have days like this. Its like losing direction. I hope tomorrow you wake up and feel more dynamic and clear in your thinkn'g. I confess I have had some decidedly weird days. I hope to get my oomph back and sooner rather than later. Currently I have my iPod earphones in my ears and I an thrashing Stromae. I love him, he is a new discovery to me. Music can really affect mood and courtesy of Monsieur Stromae, I have blitzed the kitchen and am proud of how it looks now. Do you find music is your medicine?

Great idea Lynne. I love music and really don't play my stuff as much as I should. Especially love it when I'm driving along at weird times (home from night out late or early morning shift) and happen upon something special. Off to google your Stromae. Been listening to lots of classical music in the car as I'm getting short tempered with shouty DJ's. which I totally realize is an age thing. My latest 'happen upon' is Parce Mihi Domine' by Jan Garbarek & The Hilliard Ensemble. It's a lovely piece. Thanks for your kind words Lynne x

This is the one that really got me interested in him. but you have to stick with it because it grows. I absolutely love it. Its about a man who has split with his wife, he has got drunk and feeling sorry for himself in town. Stromae - Formidable (ceci n'est pas une leçon) - YouTube. I know he might not be everyone's cup of ea, but he is flavour of the month for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiKj0Z_Xnjc.

Or how about this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSG6B25-pCo. Or this..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnDXRJ7btE. Finally http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR-qQcNT_fY.

Music is such a personal thing and I have a WIDE taste in music, from classical to trance, folk to world. I have a lot of music, so I choose to fit the mood. I hope you like these songs, they are ones that have scope for 'warbling along'. My other weapon of choice it to go a bit crazy and play Infected Mushroom, Muse, Chemical Brothers or maybe tone it down a bit with Backstreet Boys, LOL Yes, its that illogical and worse :) I hope it gives you pleasure to listen to them and maybe gives you some ideas. x

Last edited:
Hello Val, sorry to hear you are feeling blah! I am sure you must be feeling sad now your boy has gone back to uni, great though that he is settling back in and is happy. I can't begin to imagine how much you must miss him, big hugs, take care x

Big hugs lovely Val - hope you're enjoying the bloody mary xxx

I love music for moods too - I do listen to a lot of classical, but depending on my mood, I might prefer lounge music like Sinatra, Caro Emerald, lots of movie soundtracks (usually films set in Italy, funny that), old stuff like Genesis, Pink Floyd or Bowie - and then there are just those moments where nothing but nothing will beat S Club 7 or Bananarama! :D

Coffeelover hope you have a better day tomorrow x

Lynne I love Puccini - just listening to O mio babbino caro on Classic FM as I type :D Oh they've followed that up with one of my fav soundtracks, Out of Africa - heavenly.

But I like lots of classical - work at a music conservatoire, so get to go to lots of concerts, so much so that I grumble about all the late nights! :)

Sorry to kidnap, Val! xxx

Susie, when I was 12, my Mum bought a record player. She bought Puccini's La Boheme as her first album, plus an EP of The pearl Fishers, by Bizet. When I was 22 I saw La Boheme at Covent Garden. Jose Carreras was in it!!! I know he was well known then, but it was 1973 and before The Three Tenors were formed. It was absolutely fantastic to know the music so well and then see it on stage. It was amazing. Something that I have never forgotten. I played a lot of classical music when my 3 sons were growing up and 2 of them are very much into classical and opera now.

A film theme I love is Gladiator Gladiator

Morning everyone and thanks for all the music and kind words XX

Today is sunny and I'm feeling much better. Just had facetime with my boy and had 2 lottery wins this week- ok really small amounts £2.6 on the euromillions and £25. on the uk lottery. Still made my day.

Kidnap anytime Susie- love it.

Lost 3lbs this week so feel good about that too even though been a bit high on most nutrients everyday.

Lots of low carb megastore wraps, rolls, bread and tortillas, they're great for low cal and don't seem to stall me and the lavash is only 100 calorie and it's massive, I'm having a pizza for lunch which will be both low in carbs and cals.

Have a good day lovely ladies xx

Thanks Lisa.

They're the Joseph's lavash bread from the lowcarbmega store and have only 100 calories and 4 grams of fat for the whole thing, and they are huge! I sauteed some pepper, onion, mushrooms and spread a couple tablespoons of tomato puree added 50 grams full fat mozzarella cheese, sprinkled with italian herbs and it was under 300 calories. They say one serving is half but I'm a piggie. Pricy as you only get 4 for £3.25 but half a lavash would make a good size sandwich or pizza. :)

Josephs Lavash Bread - 4 Square Breads | Low Carb Megastore

I like the lavash bread too - shame i'm trying to avoid lcm orders;)
Xx

Can you get that bread from low carb megastore?

Oh please don't imagine I am talking Low Carb. Noo, this is a crime against Low Carbing. I should wash my mouth out with soap, LOL!!!

-Oopsy, I see the Low Carb Megastore mentioned in posts I had missed. Nothing like that here.

Back