Step 1 Sole Source + Coke zero on day two???

Rubydebi

Ok day 2 gone ok so far...had a small meal of Tuna cottage cheese and some pak choi!! I also had a coke zero today! Do u think this will matter on my second day???? X

Hiya,

CWP official line is no soft drinks on SS /SS+ even diet and Zero ones. However apparently they use to, and in my experience the equivalent of a can (330mls) a day doesn't hurt, but do watch the calories and carbs on these type of drinks as they aren't always zero calories even though they suggest so, especially the supermarket own brands.

For example Morrisons Dr Pop Zero added sugar is 8kcals & 1.2g of Carbs per 100mls, doesn't sound a lot but can make a big difference on a VLCD, in comparison Pepsi Max is 0.4kcals & 0.1g of Carb per 100 mls.

Hope this helps ;)

Last edited:
Thanking you! That's great!! X

Also just another point, my CDC said you must watch the citric acid levels as this apparently can affect ketosis? She said if I was utterly desperate and it was case of falling off wagon or not then Coke Zero is best as no citric acid. But she said not really supposed to have any of it. Sigh. I LOVE diet pepsi :(

I agree with marsh flower I have only needed to do it once where I had a big glass of Pepsi max to stop me eating a colleagues lush looking birthday cup cakes! There's a lot u shouldn't do on Cd but we are all human and although I'm not trying to encourage cheating sometimes u feel like ur going insane with all the temptation around! My cheats are keeping a small packet of dry roasted peanuts! When I'm really desperate for something like crisps or something salty then I reach for just a few! But it's enough to stop me reaching for crisps! It's the better out of the two evils!

Back