Coke Zero

ponypony

Is a little bit of this allowed?

I know someone on Cambridge, and she can drink a can a day without it affecting ketosis. Apparently the citric acid in Diet Coke kicks you straight out of it though. :(

Hi pony, yes, on CD you can have 660ml of coke zero (oh sprite now have a zero version too) and as its basically carb and calorie free its fine. I see no reason at all why you cant have it on LT as they are in principle exactly the same diet! I drink coke zero every day since changing onto CD and my weightloss has still been the same. So you didnt cheat by drinking it!!!

When you say Coke Zero......does it actually say coke 'zero'. Sorry to sound thick, but I dont usually drink coke. Do you mean, diet coke (that has nil carbs/calories)?

It actually says 'Coke Zero'....there are other 'Zero' drinks too - like Sprite, Dr Pepper etc...but they aren't mentioned as 'allowed'...you'd have to check those first as I believe they contain citric acid which is obviously a no. Coke Zero is fine though.... =o)

Sprite Zero has zero carbs even though it has some citric acid, so you might be ok with that too - it doesnt affect my ketosis in the least!

Thanks Guys.....something else to drink! I'm really fed up of water now. I don't like black coffee etc, so all i've drunk for 5 weeks is water.........I NEED A CHANGE!! I'm going to hunt down these 'zero' drinks.

have to say that i have allowed myself one to two cans of coke zero every day since i started as my evening 'treat' and had no adverse effects

however - last week i had a couple of nights out where i indulged in diet pepsi and diet coke and i THINK that is what bought my weightloss to a standstill AND made me hungry ( craved cheese!!)

Hi everybody,it was very intersting to read your posts about the coke theme. So you said that you can drink coke zero, but you shouldn't drink diet coke. But what is the difference between these drinks? I tried out both and the taste is actually the same. So would it be okay to drink just coke zero and no water as I don't really like water?

Hi everybody,it was very intersting to read your posts about the coke theme. So you said that you can drink coke zero, but you shouldn't drink diet coke. But what is the difference between these drinks? I tried out both and the taste is actually the same. So would it be okay to drink just coke zero and no water as I don't really like water?

Mmmm, from what I understand, diet coke has citric acid in it which will knock you out of ketosis. Coke zero doesn't contain this.

Probably not a good idea to intake all you fluids this way, you might explode after 4litres of fizziness.

Just a little note of warning (sorry to be a killjoy). Regardless of whether it has citric acid in it, or not, some of the diet drinks out there can lead to cravings. It's not just about coming out of ketosis. So it is always a good idea to think carefully before you introduce anything new, and be aware that one person might get away with it, but you may not. :)

Just a little note of warning (sorry to be a killjoy). Regardless of whether it has citric acid in it, or not, some of the diet drinks out there can lead to cravings. It's not just about coming out of ketosis. So it is always a good idea to think carefully before you introduce anything new, and be aware that one person might get away with it, but you may not. :)

I see where you are coming from.

Last night I felt so crappy though, couldn't get my third shake down because I was heaving, and I had a small glass of Coke Zero, and then felt much better.

Previously when I felt rubbish on a diet I may have been tempted to reach for some malteasers, the tub of ben & jerrys, a massive thick slice of white bread with hummus...

Damage limitation I say!

:giggle:Aspire to be Barbie..........the girl has everything! :rotflmao:

Although I hear she doesn't do well near heat ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Its getting silly now. I know I'm old, but not 'that' old. Whats with rotfl, pmsl, rotflmao....thank goodness for google telling me what all this means!!! What was wrong with he he!!! (that tells you how old I am......not even LOL).
x

Jillian, you'll find that LT are far more strict when it comes to what you can and cant have. Basically, they will say you cant have *anything* at all. If you look into CD however, you are allowed some diet drinks. The principles - and weight loss I might add - are exactly the same as LT but from my own personal experience, CD is far less like a prison sentence than LT!

Hi zero coke does not replace your water you still have to drink the tap dry ,but you can get water flavours orange and berry (think you can on cd anyway ).I have a zero drink at end of day they fill me up and i can go to bed happy .

Back