Cokes- back to it

Oh love. Money is the root of all evil. truly is. Im selling my wedding and enagement rings this weekend! (suppose they dont have the sentimental value of your dress though cos im divorced LOL)

something has got to come up soon love xxxxx

Hangover with no alcohol is evil. Alcohol and no hangover is pure joy!

wont get much think about 45 quid for wedding ring and they said engagement ring is sh*t :D

Vicky I would go to a few places as some people try to scam you to make themselves more bucks.

The hangover feeling is gone. I think this is due to a medication increase I had recently, and I also think this may be the reason behind my slower weightloss. Not really much I can do at the moment as have to take the medication, I will reduce down as soon as I can. In the mean time its not like I'm restricting myself or anything so I'll stick to plan, maybe if my body becomes used to the meds the fairy will visit me again.

Well Ive phoned the RSPCA to report concerns about a cat. I haven't seen it for days. It is always trapped in the flat that I walk past. The blinds are filthy off the oils on the cat. It never gets out, windows are never open and woman only goes in once, maybe twice a week. Given the heat I was especially concerned. RSPCA won't take just my word for it though I have to get one of my friends who lives on that street to phone in to say when the owner was definately at the property last. I said I would do that but I already know for a fact that someone else has reported concern for the cat recently. In the mean time the poor thing suffers. I'll probably see my friend later when she walks her dog, I say friend but she's just a dog walker who I've gotten to know over the years, shes a widowed pensioner and shes really canny.

I don't know where the time has gone today.

Rachel, I am so sorry you have been going through the mill just lately.
As to the cat, I cannot abide animal cruelty. I may hunt but I am never cruel and will not abide it in others. I hope that poor cat gets a loving home soon.

Hi Thanks Leanne, Im sure its just what everyone goes through but I just moan about it more sorry! ;)

I saw Nora and she's going to phone the RSPCA tomorrow as I'm going to push the number through her door and she will tell them how little the owner is there. Hope fully they will do something as its not the first time she's been reported. I think it is unlikely that the poor cat will be able to be rehomed as it has had such little human interaction over a long period of time, I should imagine that it is quite scared, you never know it may be fine but I just get the feeling this poor cat has had no love from humans :mad:

Got 2 boilermen coming out tomorrow for more quotes. We'll see what they come back with. Needs doing but I'm not going with the first quote, got to shop around haven't you!

I'm really fancying some wine. I feel like reading in my conservatory and I like a glass of wine when I do that. Gonna resist of course I don't want to be burning alcohol when I should be burning fat. Plus wine would mean going to the shop and I'm lazy, Ive already been once today :)

Right now I'm gonna go watch Lord Sugar fire someone else whilst stuffing myself with pork scratchings! x

I met him once - nice but brusque, actually quite fanciable in an old man whiskery kind of way lol

Sorry about the neighbours and their cat, echoes my situation, I'm just feeding Shirley and looking after her, and giving her some love, but heard the stupid man neighbour calling her at 11.45pm last night. I looked at her, she looked at me, then we both rolled over and went to sleep :D - but I shook for a few minutes. I think they know what I'm doing (my evil plan to look after her properly) and he's so dumb he might just come and break my windows...:eek:

I hope he doen't break your windows. Shirley clearly knows where she is best off. This poor mite is stuck in constantly. No windows open, no cat flap and really hot. The place must be stinking if shes only going back once to twice a week. Nora's been in and said it was disgusting. From the state of the front blinds which have a smear of dark grease going across the bottom where the cat has been at the window, I would tend to believe Noras story about the inside of the place. Lots of other people have cats around here and they don't have filthy blinds like that and I always thought cats preferred clean surroundings. Poor thing. I'll give Nora the number in the morning and I usually see her again on the evening walk so will update after that.

Starving this morning

So eat something Rachel, Morning :)

morning :) Hope you have had something to eat. im always the same on a friday i dont know why!

Last edited:
Morning all. I had some pork scratchings. I'm in a ditzy today I just don't know what I want to eat really. Want something really nice but different from usual. I'll check out recipe sticky perhaps for lunch.

Had my first boilerman out today, great improvement on the one from the other day. This one was a young red head, nice lad. Unfortunately the quote was higher than I would like, which is always gonna be the case, but it's over 500 quid dearer than the guy the other day. I have one coming tonight when Johns in so I'll let him do the talking then. The lad today was really nice and explained everything to me which I though was rather good and professional but technical stuff goes in one ear and out the other with me. When he started talking prices now thats when my brain engages. Although this quote was steep I got a good feeling that he wrote everything down, theres numbers to check their registrations and he even gave me a little brochure with the boiler and spec etc in it.

The financial pressure also maybe a little alleviated as I have discovered I have an insurance policy I had long forgotten about that may help. May pay some of the bills :)

In a much better mood than I have been. Im gonna keep that going with a nice long walk this afternoon as long as the weather hold up.

OOO cat watch. I put the RSPCA number through Nora's door, but the blinds look suspiciously cleaner. I'm wondering if someone has tipped her off that the RSPCA has been called. The last time they were called by the time they got to the house she had clipped the cat, as its a long hair and was matted. So I'm thinking someone is tipping her off. Whoever it is certainly has no regard for that poor cat.

Poor pussy cat :(
Oh good news on the insurance hope it helps you out.
Now what do you have in your fridge/cupboards and ill see what i can come up with for lunch x

I keep forgetting to look for pork scratchings at Tescos - I must try as they may be a better nibble than cheese! Hope you enjoy your walk later! :)

I've got a bigger lunch challenge for you Vicky. All I have access to is half a pack of chocolate chip digestives, some Mikados and a spice rack. Any suggestions? :D

MMM. cinnamon digestives with a mikado side salad?
omg you make me laugh so much im going to miss you next weekend x

Afternoon Rach. Sounds good if you can worry less about the money;)
Xxx

Back