Cold and lost voice

Daniellebaby15

Hi all,

Well for the past week I have been very I'll with cold and have lost my voice spoken to walk in centre and they advised that this cold has been been effecting people for at least a week so far on colds I haven't lost my voice or have very sore throat. Been to boots as my pharmacy is not open today and they have advised me I can take anything as won't kick me out of ketosis which I know is wrong!!! As I spoke to lipotrim and they advised to only take day and night nurse tablets as syrup will kick you out of ketosis due to sugar in it.

Has anyone else had similar problems and what did you use? Having no voice is becoming a pain and I have been off work for it but cannot be off work much longer as its a new job :( any help would be greatly appreciated

Try gargling some dissolved disprin and swallowing it. It is brilliant for inflammation. If you don't improve v soon you might need an antibiotic so best to see your gp.

Awww poor you, you sound like you're in a terrible state. How about trying Ibuprofen tablets, they're anti-inflamatories, you can also take paracetamol with these for pain relief. Try a facial steam bath, with eucalyptus oil in bowl f boiled water & inhale the vapours to ease congestion.

Staying on this diet when your feeling so poorly is pretty amazing, you should be soooo proud of yourself, I hope you areduly rewarded wi a great big weight loss this week. HUGS xx

You poor thing, what about sugar free strepsils or Difflam Spray, extra vitamin C would be great, not sure if you could take it in tabley form.

Well woke up this morning felt like my ear was going to explode!!! Been to doctors got ear infection and got no voice due to cold, given antibiotics to help with both :cry: Not a happy Danielle today at all!! Sick of being ill but on plus side staying 100% although don't think it will show on weigh in today but shall see later :cry:

Ohhh you poor thing, you must be feeling terrible. I am super impressed with you sticking with lipotrim, now that is will power!!!! Best of luck for WI later

Well diagnosed by doctor with very bad ear infection and was given antibiotics!! Also still have no voice from cold.:( :sigh: Went to weigh in and lost -8lbs!!! :D :D :D soooo happy with this as even being not well shows I can still lose weight! Was going to come on here last night to post WI loss but unfortunately my ear infection became so bad that the pain was unbearable and had me in tears for 3 hours!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: and everything I tried didn't help to ease the pain and even calling NHS direct UK was useless as they only advised things I had already tried. :mad: Still I stayed 100% on diet! and again today I have stayed on diet 100% :)

WOW YOU ARE AMAZING. If I was wearing a hat, I'd be taking if off to you right now.

I really feel for you, ear infections are the worst and you are so brave. It just goes to show how far you have come on this diet already to have a goal and stick to it, come high water or hell and it certainly sounds like you're going through hell right now.

I am soooo in awe of you, you are a fantastic inspiration to us all who may be feeling a bit sorry for ourselves because we can't eat or drink what we want and we have to be on these shakes for weeks or months to come. YOU'RE ON THEM AND YOU'RE ILL......VERY ILL. I will never moan again about wanting to eat because I am fit and well and losing loads of weight......2st 2lb in just 6 weeks so I have no right to moan when you are sticking to it 100% and feeling sooooo poorly.

Sending you much earned hugs as you sooo deserve them. I really hope you have another great weight loss next week.

Thank you for being so inspirational and for keeping us all up to date with how you're doing. xxx

Thank you Ms R I hope my new inspiration thread will help others too :)

I've read it and you can be dead certain that it will. You are MRS LIPOTRIM!! Lol. Totally brilliant xx

I've read it and you can be dead certain that it will. You are MRS LIPOTRIM!! Lol. Totally brilliant xx

Wow thank you Ms R for those kind words

Back