Colon Cleanse...

I use the colax tablets if I am constipated (from taking high doses of codeine painkillers off dr).

unless you are constipated, I would not reccommend using them really, it can make you feel like someone has shoved a pine cone up your ass and is rotating it slowly! very painful.

also, if you take (any laxative) long term, your bowel forgets how to empty on its own, and you come to rely on them.

as for colonics, I have also been tempted, but heard that if the person does it wrong, you can end up with a perforated bowel, and that would be really bad for your body as all the poisons leak out.

I had a spinal cord injury from falling down the stairs, and had major spinal surg this time last year, part of the spinal cord damage is a bit that controls bowel funtions, and i suffer from incontinence of the bowel (as in crapping myself without notice) and also consti[ation.

we should treat our bowels with the upmost respect, becuase when it goes wrong, it is really wrong. dont mess with your insides without the advice from a medically trained and insured person.

although my messed up bowel is from a spinal cord injury, I would urge everyone to treat theirs with respect, there is no fun in losing control (either way) of your natural functions.

if something comes out most days (pref everyday) then leave well alone.

(rant and nag over) ;o)

Last edited:
only using these to help me along the way - eating a slimming world plan and combining that with exercise too - my BM's arent the best normally once every 3-5 days - three days in using colax colon cleanse and i have had 2-3 healthy BM's each day. feel a lot less bloated for it - seems to be working for me - whether or not it affects my weight loss doesnt bother me - im happy to have the less bloated feeling and not to be lying in bed with stomach cramps working out i've got at least 15 meals in me somewhere!!!!

I used to take Aloe Vera tablets for that purpose & they worked really well.

Back