Colonics

bellefrogette

Silver Member
does anyone do this please. I am fed up with the chemical laxatives and even the herbal ones..and the husk does nothing for me..anyone done colonics? Or does anyone use a good domestic home kit for a once a week GENTLE flush out? Any suggestions will be welcome ..PM if necessary. Ta,

bella, who is constipated and grumpy again.

Hey .. I've had these done in the past but I'm not convinced. If you do decide to get one done please please don't get it done at a beauticians.. .. it is essentially a medical procedure and the beauticians only get taught how to use the machine by a rep rather than a proper course about the physiology behind it. The proper course is a 5 day one in Scotland...so check the operator has done that. The last thing you want is a perforated bowel!

I think you might find an enema more helpful; you can buy these from the chemist and they clear out the lower rectum and are easy to do you.

Good luck!

hi GG,

I just went to the chemist to get enema kit..they had none, but I have ordered one off amazon, I am determined to put the laxatives away for good, I know they really are not what my body wants and a healthy colon ought to be able to eliminate what it needs to witout intervention. Actually the idea of a simple weekly enema appeals to be as aprt of an over all helathy and beauty regime..glad you are doing well.

Bella

Hey Belle

The problem with what we are doing is we are not giving the body the tools it needs to help eliminate that waste... i.e. fibre/roughage. I don't believe in motility agents either but have also experienced watching some die from constipation (very extreme circumstances but horrific all the same) early on in my nursing career. I'd suggest starting with the enema but if you haven't already also start taking a daily fibre supplement? Then over time the need for an enema or other agents should decrease. Also it's worth noting that your bowel habits will lessen anyway on VLCDs so your "normal" will change to a new "normal".. I now only go about once a week (and am not constipated) and I used to be twice a day girl!

Good luck with it.

x

Hey Belle

The problem with what we are doing is we are not giving the body the tools it needs to help eliminate that waste... i.e. fibre/roughage. I don't believe in motility agents either but have also experienced watching some die from constipation (very extreme circumstances but horrific all the same) early on in my nursing career. I'd suggest starting with the enema but if you haven't already also start taking a daily fibre supplement? Then over time the need for an enema or other agents should decrease. Also it's worth noting that your bowel habits will lessen anyway on VLCDs so your "normal" will change to a new "normal".. I now only go about once a week (and am not constipated) and I used to be twice a day girl!

Good luck with it.

x

Thanks GG,

I was just looking up on line to see if I can get a starter session on the NHS and then I am into maintanance and I take on board what you said about avoiding beauty salons, even the 'harley street' ones.

I am looking for reviews on colonic/detox clinics in london. If I can just get it all clear intially, then I willbe religious about health of the colon.For some reason, intuitive body wisdom maybe, I feel that colon health is vital.

Bella.

And the enema kit has arrived its not to intimidating but I think I'll need candles and and dim lights.

Thanks GG,

I was just looking up on line to see if I can get a starter session on the NHS and then I am into maintanance and I take on board what you said about avoiding beauty salons, even the 'harley street' ones.

I am looking for reviews on colonic/detox clinics in london. If I can just get it all clear intially, then I willbe religious about health of the colon.For some reason, intuitive body wisdom maybe, I feel that colon health is vital.

Bella.

And the enema kit has arrived its not to intimidating but I think I'll need candles and and dim lights.

That sounds like a great idea Belle. And I know I felt good after my colonic.. in that, as you say, I felt all the "crud" was gone.

Back