Come down with a cold.... should I eat more today? Advice please!

LastEverDiet

Silver Member
Hi all
I'm on week 2 of S&S and have come down with a stinking cold... v light-headed and generally bunged up! Has anyone else been ill while doing S&S and if so what did you do - increase protein/ allowed veg as well as the packs, or just tough it out? I feel like extra food would help me recover quicker but I don't know if this is just my addiction to food speaking!
Any advice would be great thanks! I'm at that point where I often fall off the wagon - generally if I can do 2-3 weeks on a diet I stick with it, but the number of times I've done a week and that's it is unreal :(
Signed, a very snotty LED x

I got a heady cold on it and I just carried on as normal. I found it actually went quicker than it normally would. I take multi vitamins too whilst doing s&s so maybe you could try that? It may help. Hope you feel better soon. I fin it is best to just plough through because as soon as you start upping your food intake it's harder to go back to smaller portions x

Thanks Hannah, good advice! I used to do Exante and didn't need a mutlivit with that, but think slim and save is different, esp if doing 3 packs plus meal so will start taking one. Yes, that's what I was worried about re: increasing portions. Glad to hear cold might pass quicker if I stay on track!

You should defo do a multivit if you're doing 3 packs. Make sure you up your fluid intake too, lots extra lost when you have a cold, and take good care. Try a few drops of olbas oil in a bath, but get out slowly so you don't get dizzy :)

Thanks, olbas sounds like a good idea, might be able to breathe again! Yes have increased fluids today as have been a bit slack on the water side of things. So far I've been doing roughly half and half days with 4 packs and days with 3+ meal - should I take a multivit every day or just the 3 pack days?
Fantastic weightloss btw Noodles - hope I've done as well in another 6 weeks!

Thank you, that's so nice to hear :). S&S suggests a multivit on days with 3 packs, if you have 4 packs you are nutritionally complete - beware of o/ding if you have more vits as some can cause a bit of trouble.

And honestly - if I can do this amount of weight so quickly, then anyone can. I'm a serial failed dieter, total carb monster with a whole host of excuses why no diets ever work for me ;)

Back