Coming and goings

WelshCake

Silver Member
Do you find that a lot of people join the forum full of gusto then leave never to be heard of again? I am fairly new to the forum and have noticed that lots of people join in with the "lose Xlbs by such and such a month" and lots of people have not updated stats for weeks/months, I often wonder what happened if they fell off the wagon etc

I do, especially when someone has started a thread saying how much they are struggling/gone wildly off plan etc only to never been seen again. I sometimes wonder how they are getting on

I'm probably one of the guilty ones who falls off the face of the planet every so often :) It's only because I'm so busy with marking at the moment, and studying for a Masters as well (both of which are being ignored tonight, lol!) xx

I will probably be disappearing a lot as work often means computer time is very limited.

Yes, I notice how many people come and go and I really miss some of them.

I know two people who were on here for some time and then left.

One just didn't have time to continue, and the other - my cousin - felt that something she felt strongly about had been ridiculed and her credibility on the forum was gone.

I think some people join forums in a fit of enthusiasm and then find they don't have the time or energy to continue. I do wonder, though, about the people who ask a question, get some answers, and then never respond - I never know whether they have read the answers or not!!

Hey I'm still here lol the most important people are here pmsl X

I do wonder & worry about people i.e. Donnie I haven't heard from you in ages & because u weren't well etc hope your still around.

Some have just had babies or are preggers & this hinders things because of the cravings etc they eat crap & feel guilty about coming on here etc & those that have had little ones it's hard to get time as your exhausted & any free time you sleep X

Wondering how that lady whose daughter was stealing from her & she told the police wonder how she is...

No one misses me... :-(

I'm a bit of an oldie and I am always here, although, to be honest I don't post nearly as much as I used to - is it wrong that I do get fed up of saying the same thing???

Perhaps I'm just a grumpy mare!

I'll help anyone, anytime, but sometimes the "newbies" want such a quick fix that you just know they're going to be gone within a few weeks - it's a bit like people who join group and only come for a month and they leave because they haven't lost 6 stone in a month. Then they come back a few months later!

I do miss people though, wonder if any of you remember Weemo, she was lovely. I miss Donnie and ScarletDaisy, hope they are okay.

RegField, I also know someone who felt she couldn't post any longer so left the forum.

*hugs to all*

What happened to mrs V :confused: hope she's ok.

I disappeared for a while but still read what was going on I just didn't feel I had anything constructive to say as everything was pretty rubbish in my home life so was feeling low.

But i'm back in the game, but need sometimes to know i'm doing ok and beacause I cant go to class or afford online at the minute I take encouragement from whats going on around here. Thats why I hang around even if I don't post.

So maybe there's a few like that.

I didn't know that. How did that happen :D

Must have missed that one, good luck to her and her family, I will forgive her then.

I love this place I find it on the whole very friendly and informative as with any forum you get the attention seekers (if they dont get the desired reply in 1 thread will post in another lol)

I work long hours and work from home plus I moved recently and know no one locally so can't get to class I didnt find the online SW much use, I get far more from this forum. So I will be sticking around as this weight has to GOOOOOOOOOO! :D

I do miss people though, wonder if any of you remember Weemo, she was lovely. I miss Donnie and ScarletDaisy, hope they are okay.

RegField, I also know someone who felt she couldn't post any longer so left the forum.

*hugs to all*

I miss them too and miss chubbyemma, ruby moss, horse rider and lots more. It would be nice just to know they are o.k.

I think we are probably thinking of the same person who doesn't post anymore Jay . I miss her a lot. She was an intelligent member who always had lots of excellent, factual advice and was so encouraging.

I think we are probably thinking of the same person who doesn't post anymore Jay . I miss her a lot. She was an intelligent member who always had lots of excellent, factual advice and was so encouraging.

I think I know who you mean to.

I was always keen to read her thoughts and answers as a newbie. I could always find out what I needed to know. She's definitely a miss. If i'm wrong whoops :eek:

Yeah I wonder how some of them are too - there are some who come and go and are obviously struggling and sometimes I just want to give them a hug and try pull them through. It's a hard journey and it can seem so overwhelming to some, so maybe this is why they leave, a bit like when you are scared to weigh-in one week, then the next....until you never go back :(

I usually go off for a week or so when I'm on holiday, but this site is my addiction!! I an honestly say that this site and its members have hands down inspired, motivated and kept me on track since day 1. For that I am very grateful xx

Back