coming from atkins

jools1986

Silver Member
I have been on atkin for 5 weeks and have been on a plateau for 3 of those weeks, I have now started gaining. I get my student loan in 10 days so I have decided to start exante.

I plan to finish off my protein shakes and bars and have those to replace 2 meals and a low carb meal in the evening to get me back into ketosis and ready to start exante.

Does this sound ok?

Hi there

Cant comment on how it sounds as I have NO experience of Atkins but just wanted to say welcome to Exante :)

Hi Jools.

Just thought I'd mention that when I went from Atkins to CD my appetite came back FAST.

I'd been on CD years back to lose three of my ten surplus stones, and had got stalled close to goal on Atkins, so I thought going back to a VLCD, if only for a while, might kick-start losses again.

The opposite happened! The 60g carbs a day (VLCD carb average) knocked me OUT of ketosis and made me very hungry all day long. My advice would be to give the packs and bars a try and, if you find you strongly crave food, to start with one pack a day for a week or so, then two packs a day, with one/two light low carb meals of regular food, then move on to Exante TS. Of course you may not need to, but I did. 60 carbs a day is a lot to someone who has been used to lower Atkins levels.

Good luck!

Thanks Starlight!

Perhaps I should include carbs in my one meal up until then? I am just continuously gaining and to be honest I am just about ready to lop a limb off to see the scales go down!

I don't think I can cope with gaining any more weight!

I can't wait to start exante now :D

Hi and welcome! I have no experience of Atkins, but got into ketosis by day 3 on Exante, I guess we are all different. Good luck - the weight will be dropping off before you know it!

Hi Jools

I moved from Atkins to another diet similar to WS before moving onto Exante. Just to warn you I had pretty small losses for a couple of weeks while my body adjusted so dont be disheartened if your first week or two arent as good as you hoped.

wellcome, can you put weight on while on Atkins? xx

Back