Coming off TS

I'm good thanks for asking. I have been questioning the diet though and have been thinking about adding a meal but I would be letting mysaelf down. I know it's not cheating or anything but I gave myself 12 weeks under dr's supervision and will do that, bit of stickler like that, I hate changing what i first set out to do so I will hang in there. I am now under 15st which feels great.

I think you are too hard on yourself babe, but i am not the 1 to say, at the end of the day if u really want to eat then u should, on the other hand if it don;t bother u much then don;t, to be honest i couldn wait to start, but then when i did, i didn want it, i have only ate twice this week and carried on with the diet, so i am happy with that. Sometimes we need to get it out of our systems.
Mark u have done so well, better than most, i think u should congratulate yourself more realise just how much u have done. You are such a inspiration for others to follow, but please don;t think u r letting any1 down, not even yrself. U know how we all feel about you and your honesty. How is arlene doing?

I know Shirley but it's just me, I am like that in whatever I do, I have to be to be like that to be honest, if I had stopped doing half the things I have had to do in my life I would not be the type of person I am today.

I was accountable for 176 staff in SA and for a long period of time I had to show no weekness whatsoever or the whole region would have failed. I will tell you about it at our get together, had to a real hardass but it did me good.

Arlene is doing fine, finely in ketosis, she will not weigh herself until Tuesday, her weigh day, so she does not know how much she has lost.

yea i suppose it is that regimental streak, but i am just saying i wish u wouldn be so hard on yourself, your a lovely person and i don;t want u ever to feel a failure no matter what, we value u on here, i would love u no matter what.
To be honest i can talk, i have high expectations, this is why i can get so depressed as i always feel i fail, but like u say, it is what makes us who we are today.
i know where u r coming from tho, but i wish i had half of your stamina, and then maybe i wouldn feel like i do sometimes, as it is failing what makes me sad.
The reason i am becoming a nurse it to prove alot of people wrong, as i grew up thinkin i could never be anything, so i have put 2 fingers up 2 alot of people, don;t get me wrong i have done it for me also, as i have achieved so much in the last 5 yrs.

Thank you Shirley, you say the kindest things.

The thing is is to never put yourself in a position where you can let yourself down and this diet does exectly that so we have to stay strong. Slipping a couple of time is not failure, failure is slipping and not getting back on it so you also have nothing to be sad about but I owuld feel exactly the same. Sometimes it more inspirational seeing someone falter and then starting again, that takes guts.

I say stuff everyone else they do not matter anyway. You are number 1 and you need to do it for yourself and thise that matter most to you, those that do not believe in you can go and $%^%$ themselves

like u i believe in honesty. It has took me over 40yrs to establish that people who can;t accept me for who i am can go to hell, i have always struggled in life as it is, and now i have turned my life around for the better they can get stuffed. For once i have accpeted i am not a bad person, and have come to terms with lots of demons, for once i am beginning to like what i see.
It is so weird how weight makes u feel so isolated.

Ahh I see what you're saying Yambabe. I'll need to have a look at those other pages as I get closer to my initial target - BMI 25. I'm always thinking about what to do foodwise. I'm still debating eating other food as i don't want to be on Exante as a total source for too long.

Exercise is a good thing too. I think that walking is especially good; I regularly go out with my local rambling club.

Good luck with your future career.

people feel like there weight is a problem because other people sometimes make you feel that way , i remember when i used to go out with my partner and if i walked into a pub and there was a pretty skinny girl my head would hit the floor i couldnt look up or at her because i felt i was ugly and fat . Know my confidence is getting there i walk in to a pub know and feel just as good as the skinny girls x

Another 1.5lb this week. Again I'm OK with that, I knew it was slower cos I stalled at the weekend due to not counting and then went OTT with the fruit carbs early in the week.

I'm not going to list every day's food any more cos you're probbaly all bored with it by now lol, I'll just update every now and again with weigh-ins and new recipe ideas or products etc.

I've got something new this weekend actually, some dried fruit called goji berries. Used a lot in chinese herbal medicine apparently, they look like dried cranberries and taste a bit like very sweet raisins. Only 76 cals per 25g serving, again cos they are fruit quite high in carbs though. High in fat too :( so I'll not be having them regularly but I've just had my first portion on low-fat natural yogurt with some low-carb muesli so I'll be watching the scales closely lol.

BUT, they also have some pretty staggering claims to health benefits including anti-ageing, improving eyesight and helping weakness/dizziness. :eek:

So I shall be testing them in small quantities over the next few weeks and hopefully will be able to report back to you with much more youthful vigour etc! ;) :D

Oh, some of you shaper-eyed people may also notice I've changed my goal this week. My weight goal is now only to get to a BMI of below 25.

Once I get there I will be concentrating on that body fat percentage figure and the goal may change on a weekly basis! :eek:

Another 1lb off this week. :)

Bit disappointed but not really surprised, it's been a stressful time as well as totm.

The OH was re-admitted to hospital on Monday (via A&E) as his kidney stones flared up again, and finally had an op to remove the stone on Thursday.

So although I've not been comfort-eating (or drinking lol although I did have a galss of Baileys on Tuesday) it's been hard to stick to my plan whilst trying to fit in work, exercise and running back and to to the hospital twice a day all week. Mostly cos I usually plan ahead and this week it's been much more just grabbing whatever was handy when I got hungry, meaning I went over my limits a few times and even if I was within the cals some of the stuff I ate wasn't the most carb-friendly I could have chosen.

Ah well, onwards. Am upping the cal limit to 900 per day from today because of the increase in exercise, it may be less than that some days but I won't be going over that even counting the naughty nibbles (jaffa cakes ffs, kfc popcorn chicken, half a donut - you get the picture. All crept in at some point last week.........:eek:)

Having slightly more cals means I can introduce a wider range of protein, maybe some red meat occasionally or a bit more chicken or fish in terms of quantity. Well that's the plan anyway! I'm also going to add a couple of starchy veg, parsnips and sweet potatoes in small amounts, to see what happens.

well yambabe its still a loss you should be proud i cant cheat cuz it shows in the scale and you have had things that arent very healthy and still lost weight.

Hmm, odd weekend indeed this week.

I weighed in on Friday, all was good, 1.25lbs off, I was pleased with that as I'd been pretty rigid with my 900 cal limit.

However from Thurs I'd been having some tummy problems, lots of wind and very loose poo (urghm, sorry if that's TMI) and on Friday night we were at a wedding party where there was a fabulous buffet, except that everything was either bread or pastry, eek! :eek: And I hadn't made any other provisions and the pub was miles from anywhere....... so I had an ahh sod it evening and some spring rolls as well as some chunks of carrot and celery. Avoided the pies, pastry and crisps though so it was kind of damage limitation in my mind. I did have a slice of chocolate wedding cake too though! :eek: Unfortunately instant bellyache though, stomach cramps and having to rush to the loo every 10 minutes where things were erm liquid, Yuk. :(

Anyway got home Saturday morning and I was horrified that I appeared to have put 3lbs on overnight, aaargh! No time to stop and analyse though as I was away again to a hen party on Saturday night, so packed my stuff up, had my soup and headed off. Saturday I was good, meal with the girls was a grilled chicken & chorizo kebab in the Slug and Lettuce pub and I was Mrs Sober & Sensible, sticking to diet coke apart from one glass of wine watered down with fizzy water with the meal! Tummy still giving me gyp though, cramps and wind although a bit less poo thankfully.

Sunday I had a shake for breakfast but not til mid-morning as we were up late! John took me to the carvery when I got back so meat (beef & turkey), veg and a little gravy, should have been within the 700 cals I had to "spend". Got home and aaargh, straight back to the loo again with the cramps, runs and wind, Yukky yuk yuk.

This morning I stood on the scales again first thing to check and they were still showing 3lbs more than Friday, damn damn damn. :( So I'm kind of hoping it's just glycogen and water retention. Poo was thankfully normal again though so I'm hoping that whatever that was has now run its way through! I'm intending a mostly packs day today to try and keep things steady, will see what has happened by next weekend again............

Have u thought about some digestive enyme tablets with each me to help ur guts adjust ?

Ooooooooo Yam, that sounds nasty, hope it settles down quickly for you (and the 3lb ******* off again)
Bren xx

I hope your tummy is ok by the time you read this Yam. As to the apparent weight gain, I think that you are right that it will be glycogen/water. I was recently on hols for a week and when I returned the scales read a gain of about +8lbs but within 7 days I was back down -12lbs.

Love Myr xxx

Back